Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

We have been very happy. The teachers and administration are easy to talk to, and willing to listen. Our children have been challenged, and communication has been good. Having experience in 1 other Boone County school, we are very happy at New Haven. Our children love it, and the staff.

Amount of homework: Agree

Having 3 kids here, I've seen a mixture in all grade levels. Overall, I think it's just right depending on the subject.

Develops character: Agree

I think the school does a good job, but we also believe that these traits start at home. It's our responsibility to teach our children these things, and the school reinforces them through everyday activities.

My wife and I have been very impressed with New Haven. We have 3 children that attend here and have been happy with the education, teachers, and administration. Our kids have been involved in many activities that are offered.

While there are a handful of talented teachers, the administration is lacking and struggling. Many of the teachers are very overwhelmed and the students suffer.

I am finding it hard to believe that the people who gave New Haven such a high rating actually have kids that went there. I won't go so far as to rate it "terrible" because there were a few teachers who were good, but for the most part the school was just abysmal. We moved to another state, and I cannot get over the difference. Maybe it's gotten better, but I highly doubt it because the whole staff seemed to hate change of any kind.

We just moved into the school district this year. WOW! The faculty that have worked with our children are amazing. They are able to take gifted children from several classes and elevate the educational experience by small group activities. Socially, they have fit in well and now have lots of friends. It doesn't feel like a public school, but a small town private school.

My children have attended New Haven for 4 years now and we love it. We cannot say enough about the caring staff, from administration to teachers, and even custodians. New Haven has a real family feel. As parents we feel welcomed to stop by school when we need to, attend lunch with our kids at any time, or become involved as volunteers. Our children are thriving, and the education in special subjects like Technology, Music, or Drama is fantastic.

My husband and I moved here this year and i have to say this is the best school that our son has ever went to. I really enjoy this school. My son has a speech delay and is behind a bit and they try to make sure that he is getting everything he needs. Even though he is in 1st grade they pull him every day to work on some K grade level things he is having problems with. I really dont want to leave this school its the best . Enrolling your child in this school would be the best thing for your child. You can not go wrong here.

Teachers are phenominal and very involved with the students. Very impressed with the organization and communication that is occurring. Extremely pleased with New Haven!

Last modified New Haven Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.