Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted August 13, 2016
I could list all of our kids' teachers because they have given each of them what they needed. Our kids have always felt special here. I feel like our family really needs to say thank you to Mrs. Gobel and Mrs. College because I'm sure they don't here that often enough. I've seen some of the tantrums thrown when families don't get their way. I also know that anyone can get on a site like this or anywhere else and complain knowing the school would never defend itself. We all know there are two sides to every very story especially when reviewing a "rant". New Haven is an excellent school and every year in my opinion gets better. There is no perfect school.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted August 13, 2016
We have been very happy. The teachers and administration are easy to talk to, and willing to listen. Our children have been challenged, and communication has been good. Having experience in 1 other Boone County school, we are very happy at New Haven. Our children love it, and the staff.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted August 13, 2016
Having 3 kids here, I've seen a mixture in all grade levels. Overall, I think it's just right depending on the subject.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted August 13, 2016
In the last few years I've seen more of this. I believe it's a combination of new administration and a mixture of good experienced staff and new staff. It's a very good thing, and the change was needed.

Develops respect: Agree

Posted August 13, 2016
Yes, while having lunch with my kids I've seen it modeled and reinforced. This really should be taught at home, unfortunately I've seen some disrespectful kids here. I can't hold the school responsible for kids lack of respect because that in my opinion is a reflection of parents.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted August 13, 2016
Our middle son has had involvement in many service projects that have been amazing. He has learned a lot about the world and how he can change it for the good. We look forward to more activities like this for our kids. New Haven has a great reputation in the community for all of their community work and service projects.

Develops honesty: Agree

Posted August 13, 2016
I think the school does a good job, but we also believe that these traits start at home. It's our responsibility to teach our children these things, and the school reinforces them through everyday activities.

New Haven Elementary School 5

Posted August 13, 2016
My wife and I have been very impressed with New Haven. We have 3 children that attend here and have been happy with the education, teachers, and administration. Our kids have been involved in many activities that are offered.

New Haven Elementary School 2

Posted July 27, 2016
While there are a handful of talented teachers, the administration is lacking and struggling. Many of the teachers are very overwhelmed and the students suffer.

New Haven Elementary School 2

Posted May 25, 2016
I am finding it hard to believe that the people who gave New Haven such a high rating actually have kids that went there. I won't go so far as to rate it "terrible" because there were a few teachers who were good, but for the most part the school was just abysmal. We moved to another state, and I cannot get over the difference. Maybe it's gotten better, but I highly doubt it because the whole staff seemed to hate change of any kind.

10854 US 42, Union, KY  41091
Last modified New Haven Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.