Union, KY

Posted November 07, 2012
Great school, great academics, challenges students on "their" level, teachers are very involved with parents, staff keep communication lines open, principal truly cares for each child at Mann. We are so privileged our child has the opportunity to attend such an academic forward school.

Shirley Mann Elementary School 1

Posted September 11, 2010

Shirley Mann Elementary School 0

Posted December 15, 2009
Top notch school! Awesome teachers, awesome staff. My daugher is in her 2nd year there and we have nothing but good things to say. Great communicatin from the teachers (weekly newsletter emailed, agendas with daily notes) and from the school too (weekly newsletter, calls when appropriate, fliers sent in a weekly folder). The teachers go above and beyond in everyway. Tons of parents volunteer and there are lots of opportunities to contribute to the school and community in other ways with fund raisers if you choose to. Good activities. My daughter loves the school. Homework is an appropriate amount. Lots of fun programs worked into the schedule too.

Posted October 06, 2009

Shirley Mann Elementary School 3

Posted August 21, 2009

Posted July 29, 2009
I must respectfully disagree with the review written on January 27, 2009. As a Mann parent, I cannot speak highly enough of this school, its' faculty, staff, and students. The students are top-notch, caring, compassionate, respectful, and bright. The curriculum is challenging, but manageable, engaging students of all learning styles, and ability levels. The teachers and staff go above and beyond the call of duty in every sense of the word. From the courteousness of the office staff, to the phenomenal amount of volunteerism on the part of teachers, and parents, and the professionalism/knowledge of the teachers, our students are learning in an incredible environment. I've seen these students excell (above the rest) as they move to Gray - a clear indication that their time at Mann was a true success. Mann is defintely a special, special school.

Shirley Mann Elementary School 0

Posted May 14, 2009
My child has attended this school for three years, as many years as the school has been open. The teachers, as a whole, are tough but compassionate. I believe everyone at my child's school wants him to succeed at high levels. The parent involvement is phenomenal. Too many activities to count for both kids and parents.

Shirley Mann Elementary School 2

Posted March 10, 2009

Shirley Mann Elementary School 1

Posted January 27, 2009
I must agree with the previous review. I also had a child attend 5th grade at Mann. My student received a large amount of homework especially in the areas of Math and Science. I too have had several issues with the teachers, one in particular, using intimidation towards students. I approached the administration with my concerns and unfortunately seemed to make things only worse for my child. The school board should take a serious look into the true policy that this school administration and it's teachers have toward education and students.

Shirley Mann Elementary School
10435 US Hwy 42, Union, KY  41091
Last modified Shirley Mann Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Shirley Mann Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top