9-12 & Ungraded
Union, KY
Students enrolled: 1,632

Larry A. Ryle High School 1

Posted November 12, 2014
This school has no understanding about the disability act this school should be cut from any federal and state money.

Larry A. Ryle High School 4

Posted July 14, 2012
I have had 2 students graduate from this school, with 2 more graduating soon. They have gone on to excel in excellent colleges out of state. Ryle did an excellent job preparing them for college and life. Ryle's academics were right in line with my kids peers who attended schools in other states, often private schools. Is it perfect? No, but it is a good public school!

Larry A. Ryle High School 1

Posted December 28, 2011
Ryle High School let down both of my children. After two extremely frustrating years, we moved out of state. The mode of dealing with children struggling in school is detenton and humiliating meetings with vice principles who do not show the skill sets to complete the job they are being paid for. Counselors were a no show. After leaving, both my children received excellent counseling, access to great programs and proper medical analysis to help them be successful in life.

Larry A. Ryle High School 2

Posted November 07, 2011
Yes ryle is a mediocre school yes AP classes are great if they let your child in. A child should be able to pursue an education without persucution just because one needs bigger print or in wheelchair does not make them stupid. This school only care about mony they are munching off state money. Culture its okay not munch half the kids probably have no idea what is going on other than whats in their little area.Although teachers are wonderful the principal is horrible.

Posted July 22, 2011
As a current student and senior at Ryle, I can honestly and accurately say that it is an amazing school. Ryle encourages students to do and be the best they can. For people who say athletes or anyone for that matter coast through don't have the full story. No one coasts through unless they have made the choice to take easy classes. Ryle offers so many AP and Honors courses, so it is up to the individual and their parents to make their schedule challenging. The staff is very helpful and encouraging, but they won't take you by the hand and force you into the right classes. Another note worthy aspect of Ryle is the abundance of extra-curricular activities. From sports to honors clubs to arts programs, Ryle offers and excels. But once again, participation is completely up to the individual. Since I decided as a Freshman that I wanted all that Ryle could offer me, I have benefitted greatly and truly appreciate the education I have received, the amazing experiences I have had, and the endless opportunities I now have ahead of me.

Larry A. Ryle High School 2

Posted June 13, 2011
I graduated from Ryle it's okay cares more about sports than actual knowledge. I transfered my sophmore year from boone big mistake. I was harrassed by the counsler who would not leave me alone. I was not allowed in honor classes because I am visually disabled not mental. I rather go back to drug infested city school than there. They have no respect for anyone even the law one day I hope the ACLU or somthing shuts them down.

Larry A. Ryle High School 3

Posted May 27, 2011
The speech and debate team is great program. Excellent teachers but watch out if your kid has disabilities. Child has physical disabilities not mental ones they will not allow to let them go into honor class even though they qualify all standards. Took me two years to take them out of special program and into regular classes. They may be visually impaired but has very high test scores.

Posted May 16, 2011
I have graduates of Larry A Ryle High School who are now having much success in college. Ryle prepared them with a rigorous AP or honors course load and offered them many leadership opportunities through organizations like FBLA and Student Council. It was ultimately their choice to take the courses load they did. If your student is motivated as mine were it is a high school that will prepare them for a successful college degree. They must be active in their decision to be a strong student and a particiaptor in the many extra curricular choices.

Posted May 10, 2011
My son is a student at Larry A. Ryle High School. He is getting an amazing education. Is the school perfect? Of course not, but it is as strong as any school I have witnessed. The teachers care and the principals are involved and pay attention to all of the students. The honors and AP programs are growing and there is feeling that all students can and should be successful.

Posted November 05, 2010
This is the best highschool! They really do care about the students and really do everything to help them. The sports are outstanding as well!

Larry A. Ryle High School
10379 US 42, Union, KY  41091
Last modified Larry A. Ryle High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Larry A. Ryle High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 39 reviews. Top