K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)

Develops grit: Agree

Posted August 25, 2015
I think every school does its best on this topic, but with a generation of helicopter parents, it's an uphill battle.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted August 25, 2015
Service hours are required at Villa. I think this helps students think about the world around them. Some students volunteer with neighborhood clean ups, some at the nearby nursing home, and others help at food shelters. The kids - even the kindergarteners - are learning that it's good to do more.

Posted August 25, 2015
As newcomers to Northern Kentucky, we had no connections to the local schools. After looking at a few schools, we felt sure that Villa was the right choice for us. We loved that our kids started learning Spanish in kindergarten. That was one of the big sellers for us. Our kids have been challenged and have had a lot of opportunities at the school. They all play sports. They're in clubs and they've made great friends. We've been here for more than five years and feel like Villa is the best option for our family.

Posted May 30, 2013
I have gone to Villa since kindergaten, and I have loved it. I have made many friends and was challenged academically. The teachers make time for fun but we always learn from it, like when we made cell models from candy or put objects in a graulated cylinder. Villa is a great school where our teachers keep us safe, we are challenged with plenty of homework, and everyone is treated with respect.

Posted April 18, 2013
We are from outside the area and Villa has been a real blessing to our child. Our child has been challenged academically, and has matured spiritually under the guidance of caring teachers and a wonderful principal.

Villa Madonna Academy Elementary And Jr High School 1

Posted January 05, 2013
I am an Elementary school parent and I would suggest if you are looking for a strong academic program, this is not the school for you.I have been really disappointed with this school. Some of the teachers are there just to waste time and do useless work to kill time. Starting October they spend most of the time on Halloween parties and Holiday things and there is very less time spent on academics. Smarter kids are not challenged to their full potential and kids who weak in a subject get very little help from the teachers.There is a lot of time spent on everything other than academia.Kids love the school because they spend most of the time doing fun work and not actual work that would help them academically. Most of their projects are geared towards being more fun for the kid than actually teaching a concept or a subject. One thing is assured though.. kids would love to go to this school. But if there is a challenging academic program you are looking for your kid this is not the school for you.

Posted July 10, 2012
My children both attend VMA Elementary (since Kindergarten) and they are thriving. They LOVE school! What parent doesn't want to hear that?! I did not attend Villa, nor did my husband - neither of us are from this area. Villa has been a wonderful experience and I wouldn't want my children to be anyplace else. Villa is a safe, creative, imaginative, and loving environment to excel in learning. Villa really is a family.

Posted May 22, 2012
I totally disagree with the "alumni" comment and the comment that it was a "conformist" school. There are children and parents that aren't going to be happy anywhere. My daughter went to Villa from 2nd to 12th grade and there is no school that compares to this school. She is now attending one of the top Catholic Universities in the US (Notre Dame). Villa embraces all students, encourages them to excel beyond expectations. If there is a student who is intelligent and/or creative, this is the place to be. The faculty is superb in the grade school as well as the high school and have the best interest in each student.

Posted July 07, 2011
I totally disagree with the comment about Villa catering to "alumni" parents. In fact it kind of enraged me. Neither my husband or I attended Villa. We have sent 4 of our 5 children (3 girls and 1 boy, the other child attended St. X) to Villa for high school. All of our children thrived there...and they are all totally different. They were well prepared for college and made lasting friendships. Their friends are not only with their classmates but also with other grade levels. Our last child graduated from Villa in 2007. Because of the education, guidance and prodding received @ Villa she received a full 4 year tuituon paid scholarship for college. I would highly recommend Villa to anyone looking for a college prep Catholic school.

Posted June 23, 2011
My son just graduated from the 8th grade, attended Villa grades 1 to 8 and will attend Villa for high school. Academically, socially and athletically, this is the perfect fit for my son. He has enjoyed and will continue to enjoy excelling in every activity that he chooses. He has enjoyed so many opporyunities here at Villa and will be 100% ready for college! Love this school!

2500 Amsterdam Road, Villa Hills, KY  41017
Last modified Villa Madonna Academy Elementary And Jr High School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
Villa Madonna Academy Elementary And Jr High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top