Bad
Good

Posted July 24, 2012
It is big.and very decent.the school has high education and is very fun. If your choices of middle school has jta in it, scratch them out except jta.jta is the best school evvvvvvvvveeeeeerrrrrrrrr!!

Posted March 24, 2010
I have taught at JTA for 5 years and have friends who teach in the states of Kentucky, California, and Indiana. JTA has an amazing staff of teachers who collaborate with each other and the community, to make sure that each child is successful in their education. When talking to my friends at other schools and states, we are leaps and bounds above them. Not only in test scores, but the way we communicate with parents and the community.

Posted May 04, 2009
I think the teachers at JTA are great. I read someone's review about the teachers wanting to have the parents teach and that A students teach themselves and I disagree. The quality of the teacher and the involvement of the parent are both crucial in a childs development. pitting one against another is counterproductive and the student is the one who is hurt. I have set in several classes (any parent can) and the teachers are great, some of the kids however choose not to conform or just don't pay attention. That is where strong parenting is needed with consequences at home to look forward to for failure at school perhaps they will be more attentive. The teachers communicate great with monthly newsletters and periodic cards or letters to our home. Thumbs up to JTA<

Posted April 04, 2009
I am currently an eighth grader here at JTA and I don't want it to end; JTA has been my favorite school out of five different schools I've been to: JC Burckhead Parkway Elemantry New Highland Lincoln Trail Elementry and Woodland Elemantry; I am 14 and don't want togrow up or leave my fave school! JTA Rox!

Posted February 15, 2009
J.T.A is the best! They have wonderful teachers who teach the children all they need to know! James T. Alton Middle School rocks!

Posted February 12, 2009
James t. alton is a great school! my child goes there and is a very great student because of the things she learns there.

Posted January 27, 2009
J.T.A is amazing! Everything is for the kids and they make sure every student has what they need to succeed!

Posted August 30, 2007
I go to jta and let me tell you that everything there is to help us in every way.

Posted February 01, 2005
I am a student currently at James T Alton. The teachers and staff here are the best you can get in Hardin County. They work hard to make sure the students are excelling in the areas that are needed. I recomend this school for anyone that is interested. Keep it up JTA!

Posted August 26, 2003
I have had two children attend this school. This is the best middle school in northern Hardin Co. My oldest child was a discipline problem. The school and I worked hard to get her the best program for her and her fellow students. This school has the best counselors and faculty. Teachers contact you on regular basis to let you know how your child is doing. My middle child s a seventh grader and is considered an 'average' student and the same comments can be made for her as well. Teachers and counselors work hard to make these students the successes they are. Test scores prove this. Good job!

100 Country Club Rd, Vine Grove, KY  40175
Last modified James T Alton Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.