9-12 & Ungraded
Winchester, KY
Students enrolled: 1,675

George Rogers Clark High School 2

Posted June 02, 2011
As a former employee at GRC, I will state that most teachers are hardworking, caring, and dedicated to their students. However, I will admit that it is a nonstructured school that lacks fostering our kids the safety, order, discipline, nurturing support, and communication they need. The lack of respect among Students, staff and administrators can be seen. Excluding Mr. Columbia of course, he seems to be the only Principal that shows respect, caring spirit, and commitment to staff and students. I fear for GRC students academically. They lack the tangible resources, and challeges that would prepare them for higher education academically associated with real life scenarios and the real world.

Posted February 08, 2010
I have been to 3 different high schools and GRC is by far the worst. With a few exceptions, the teachers don't care about you. Also, I have experienced real trouble with 'cliques'. I could not believe the close minded-ness of the peers as well as some choice teachers.

Posted June 05, 2008
My child was not a jock, a prep or a minority. My child was not a trouble maker. As a result, my child was a non-entity at this social club called a high school. Communication was essentially nonexistent with the staff there. A note to the so called teachers at GRC.....anyone can teach a high performer....it takes a teacher to educate the average kids. The kids who are ignored by a teaching staff more worried about schoomzing the proper prominent members of the social elite than teaching the kids. I regret the day my kid ever set foot in that place.

Posted July 09, 2007
This is the worst school my children have ever attended and I look forward to graduation day just as much if not more than they do. Communication is non-existant between anyone. There is absolutely no support for the kids what-so-ever. If a conflict arises your child will automatically be wrong or guilty. I have never seen such a huge drop out rate. I also can't understand why they have so many extra-curricular activities and then claim there is no money for drivers ed classes.

George Rogers Clark High School 3

Posted April 25, 2007

George Rogers Clark High School 5

Posted February 20, 2007
George Rogers Clark High School is The Best! i've been going to basketball and football games ever since i was in the sixth grade the students here know that if you work hard you are able to have a great deal of fun here. I Love G.R.C.! The parent involvement here is Awesome all of the parents who make and effort to come out and support their kids in sports and academicaly really need some recognition! Thanks..!

George Rogers Clark High School 4

Posted November 02, 2005
Since the hiring of Principal Gordon Parido, my child says that she has seen a major turn around at GRC. The overall school environment has turned towards academic excellence while recognizing and rewarding the good (students, acheivement, teachers). As far as communication with the school, the school website has been much improved (though the design is pretty old looking), the county's website is much much more helpful than before since it's renovation, but most importantly the school is using an online program that lets me check my daughter's progress daily and more easily allows me to communicate with teachers. Also, the school safety concerns of years past seem much more managed and overall my daughter feels not just better about her school, but proud of GRC. I, as a parent and alumni of GRC, am elated to know education in Winchester is back where it desevers to be...at the top.

Posted March 15, 2005
Unless your child is a self educator, find another school district! This school has the poorest communication between school and home I have ever delt with. I even sent self addressed stamped envelopes to all my son' teachers and STILL did not get any communication! My son was never a behaviour problem, but he was lazy about doing his homework. All I asked the teachers to do was write their subject and mail me an empty envelope so it would signal me that me son was not doing his homework. I did not recieve ONE envelope! At the end of the first 9 weeks, his highest score was a 48%! I immediately withdrew him and put him in a Christian School in Indiana. His average is now a 95.7%. I felt the teachers or administration simply did not care. This school has an extreamly high drop out rate. STAY AWAY!

George Rogers Clark High School
620 Boone Ave, Winchester, KY  40391
Last modified George Rogers Clark High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
George Rogers Clark High School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top