Winchester, KY

Shearer Elementary School 4

Posted October 08, 2009
My son went there for 2 yrs before we moved and he hated to leave. While he was there his teachers and the librarian always encouraged his development. Our son loved the time he was there.

Shearer Elementary School 3

Posted January 03, 2008
Although the principal of this school is experienced with learning disabled kids, and there are a few really good teachers who are dedicated, there are a few important factors which need to be dealt with. For example, there are teachers in this school that do not take parents concerns seriously, and who do not follow IEP directions for certain children. If there are kids that need special attention, they will not always get it there. As far as parental involvement, I echo the last reviewer. Parents neither take the time, nor the energy to care about what their kids do in this school, as was mentioned to me many times by my son's teachers. When a parent does get involved, a few of the lackluster teachers seem almost disgusted by someone questioning their approach. Grade? C

Shearer Elementary School 5

Posted November 14, 2006
My children started attending Shearer Elem. last year after transitioning from another school within Clark County. I have to say I love the principal and staff at Shearer. Mr.Sigmond is the best principal and is always ready to address any concerns you have. He has always kept me informed of what my children are doing and always returns my phone calls. I honestly believe he is a genuine man who cares for the children at his school just like he would his own. I feel the same way with the teachers. I have been able to always address any concerns I have had and with the assurance that they will be taken care of. Shearer should be an example for all the schools in Clark County.

Shearer Elementary School 4

Posted July 26, 2004
My son is starting 5th grade this year and has been enrolled in Shearer since starting Kindergarden. He started the year after the fire destroyed our old school and considering all the issues the staff was dealing with they made his first year of school a wonderful experience and it has continued on each year after we moved into our new school. Mr. Sigmon is just awesome with the students and staff. The teachers and other school staff are also wonderful to work with. They don't treat parents as if we are an interruption or hassle added to their day. They treat the students and parents with the utmost respect. I really am pleased my child has spent his elementary school years in such a wonderful, nurturing and caring environment.

Shearer Elementary School 5

Posted February 23, 2004
I have watched my two nieces go through this school and now have my own there and would not want them anywhere else. All staff members are always pleasant and ready to help. My son is in first grade and loves eveything about school. Last year he would actually be on the verge of tears if he could not go to school. The way the world is now I am terrified to send my children anywhere without me, and even to school in the beginning, but my worries were eased quickly by the amazing teachers and staff. I know my child is safe and cared for there. I see proof of his learning everyday when he comes home excited about what he has learned that day. Obviously I could go on and on praising this school but I am sure you get the point. Shearer Elementary is an amazing school, and I look forward to my other children experiencing the wonderful learning and caring they offer.

Shearer Elementary School
244 East Broadway, Winchester, KY  40391
Last modified Shearer Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Shearer Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top