Posted May 29, 2014
This was a wonderful school. It is a shame that it is closing for good. The staff was great. They always remembered me and kept me up to date on anything concerning my daughter. Schools won't do that anymore.

Posted September 24, 2011
My daughter went to Trapp K-5. We moved to Florida half way through her 5th grade year. We felt like part of a family there. It's been 2 years since we were there, but we still call and say "hi, how ya doin'?". My daughter was way beyond her peers in Florida (academically). I know she got the best education at Trapp compared to other schools in the state. I would recommend this school to anyone moving in their area. My daughter is now in 7th grade and still a straight A student, even with 2 advanced classes. Her academic foundation came from Trapp Elementary. She learned her basics, study habits, acceptable behavior, and importance of education at Trapp. She received several awards at Trapp and is continuing that here in Florida. I was afraid when we moved that she would get swallowed up in a big school (600 students), but she didn't. She learned so much more than I ever imagined. She adapted so well to her new school and has succeeded far beyond expectations as a student and citizen. I couldn't be more proud of my daughter, and it's because of the interaction between school and home at Trapp Elementary. There is no limit to what my daughter can do and will do in life.

Posted December 04, 2007

Trapp Elementary School 4

Posted September 08, 2006
Trapp is a small community school that shares its principal with another elementary school. Although test scores have remained high for the school in comparison to the district and state, it is really hard to gauge how the children compare and whether or not the information they are learning is going to help them in the long run or if it is strictly geared towards making sure they score well on standardized tests. Opportunities for parent involvement at Trapp are generally geared towards parents that do not work outside of the home. Activity schedules have not done a good job of accommodating working parents. The current principal at Trapp provides a lot of lip-service to parents and community members and then works to advance his own objectives regardless of how the parents feel.

Posted April 19, 2006
Trapp Elementary is 'The Best' elementary school in Clark Co. They consistently rank in the top schools in Ky and are #1 in several academic areas in Clark County and is a distinguished Title 1 school. This rural school has wonderful teachers with many years of service.

Trapp Elementary School
11400 Irvine Rd, Winchester, KY  40391
Last modified Trapp Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Trapp Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top