Winchester, KY

Posted May 24, 2014
We moved from Montgomery County Maryland (excellent education) to Winchester and I was so scared that my daughter would be held back or not challenged. I got to admit, this school did not hold her back, and encouraged her to excel. I am very proud of the teachers, especially the girl scout staff (Mrs Charles, Miss Amy, and another older woman that is sweet but I don't remember her name) they are so good to the girls. Mrs Charles was my daughter's first teacher when she moved, and she welcomed her and made her feel at home. She took extra time aside to show me what topics they were presently learning and assisted her with books to help at home. Miss Terry was her teacher the following year and I appreciate the fact that both teachers were always willing to answer my questions and concerns. My daughter is not a struggling student so I can only speak on my personal experience. If I had a child that was struggling to keep up, I would want the same assistance and encouragement. My friends with kids that attend the school are also pleased with the teachers. I advice every parent to assist their children at home, regardless of the school. Stay involved so that you know whats going on.

Posted November 12, 2009
This school has some good teachers, but the administration lacks shine. They pick and choose who they want to succeed. Some of the teachers will do anything to crawl to the top.

Strode Station Elementary School 3

Posted September 25, 2008
I have been pleased with the teachers so far, but the principal and vice principal's leadership skills are lacking. They are in their offices most of the time and you will never see them in the lunchroom and rarely in the halls. They are very visible during dismissal time. Neither one is friendly or very willing to work with the parents when a concern is raised. It would be nice if the school wasn't so large. Smaller schools just work better.

Posted March 27, 2008
I think the curriculum, workload and grading scale is absolutely absurd. I used to think it was due to state laws, but I am finding out that Strode Station is the only school in the county that is so rigid. I had to go online to MathTutor to help with my son's homework and the math we were seeking help for was high school level math on the website. How ridiculous is that!?

Posted January 11, 2008

Posted August 24, 2007
Grade A+ school, great location, great atmoshpere.

Posted April 23, 2007

Strode Station Elementary School 4

Posted September 19, 2006

Strode Station Elementary School 4

Posted August 02, 2005
I think my childrens overall education is exceptable. I wish they also had more tutoring choices. Whatever happen to the teachers staying after helping out children. I would even be willing to pay the teachers extra money to do so.

Strode Station Elementary School 3

Posted January 07, 2004
I really like the education my child has received from Strode Station. I would like however for them to offer tutorial assistance year round and I think all the breaks off school the children get should be reconsidered. I don't see an advantage to the breaks and it is a real inconvenience to the working parent trying to make child care arrangements all the time.

Strode Station Elementary School
2 Educational Plaza, Winchester, KY  40391
Last modified Strode Station Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Strode Station Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top