K-12|Private
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

We invite you to share your experience here at Walden School. We strive to carry-out our mission, which says: In partnership with families, Walden School provides an educational environment - both academic and social - that fosters a lifelong enthusiasm for learning and challenges individual students to reach their full potential so they may flourish in a diverse and changing world.
September 02, 2015

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted January 12, 2016
I believe Walden is an excellent school and Louisville is lucky to have such a place. The teachers really care about the students and will take time to help them if they need assistance. Our student wasn't doing well in the public school system but when transferred to Walden began to blossom. I can't say enough good things about this place. If you want a top notch education in an environment that encourages students to have a love of learning, think for themselves and be independent thinkers, this is the place.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted January 12, 2016
ALL of the teachers do a great job! It would be tough to choose one particular teacher when they are all outstanding. They love their jobs at Walden and it shows.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted January 12, 2016
The students love their teachers so much, this provides an atmosphere where they want to do good work for them. I also feel they go above and beyond to help solve any issues or problems the students may be having.

Walden School Corporation 1

Posted October 05, 2015
Not pleased with our experience, bullying is a real problem amoung students and parents. Academics are good but not sure if we will return after this year.

Posted September 02, 2015
- a school leader

Posted April 10, 2014
Walden is the best private school in Louisville. My children started in kindergarten & one has graduated HS, the others plan to graduate from Walden too. The small class size allows teachers to know each student & give each student individual attention. If the student who transferred to another school is struggling to get decent grades something else must be going on. Walden teachers are great in preparing students for the top colleges, I can't see not being prepared for another school. My high school child says the best thing about Walden School is that students are "challenged every day". No one is held back, students who need extra help are brought up to a higher level. How to rate a school? Are students safe, happy at school and learning advanced work? Are parents satisfied with the education? Are the teachers qualified, passionate about their subject & have freedom to teach? Do the student like their teachers & the teachers care for their students? Does the administration listen to, work with & include parents? At Walden the answer is YES to all of these! Walden is a family school centered on helping students lean to to be well rounded, successful adults of the future.

Walden School Corporation 1

Posted February 05, 2014
When I left Walden and moved to a different school, I felt very behind. At Walden I excelled and had straight A's. At my new high school I am struggling to get decent grades. Walden has not prepared me for the real world.

Posted May 01, 2013
My son is in 5th grade at Walden. He has been there since Kindergarten. He has blossomed academically and socially. The school instills a thirst for knowledge, an understanding of the importance of community and core values that will make the children responsible, engaged members of society. In my book, for my son, it doesn't get much better than that. Also, with impressive incoming new leadership, great faculty and land in the heart of St. Matthews, I believe Walden's future is bright.

Posted September 10, 2012
I am surprised to hear that a student had difficulty with math when he/she transferred to a near by public high school. I am not sure what would have caused this. It is my experience that the academics at Walden are very high. My son attended from K to 12 and received a 5 on the AP calculus exam, got a full scholarship to 2 different universities, and is at the top of his class in engineering. Walden is a wonderful school for academics and for a child's social environment. We loved it.

Posted September 01, 2012
Like the student review that was written earlier, I, too am now a student at DuPont Manual who attended Walden for a lengthy amount of time, but my opinion is much different. I adored Walden, and I think it really prepared me for Manual. And, no, I am not 'slow', which I think is a ridiculously derogatory word. Walden has never once kept me from advancing, which I certainly have. When I was in Sophomore Advanced English, not Freshman, we spent a whole semester covering how to write a five-paragraph essay and conducting a thesis statement, things I had learned in 7th grade at Walden. Ironically, it was the supposed 'most advanced school in the state' that kept me back, not Walden. Where at Walden I had teachers who knew me and the way that I learned and advanced, at Manual I have a teacher who routinely calls me by the wrong name and never has anything to say during Parent-teacher conferences. Now, I really like Manual, and they're doing a good job educating me, but there's absolutely no way I could ever say that Walden hadn't equipped me to handle the rigorous schedule they give me. Walden was a fabulous school, I really could not have asked for better in educating me.

4238 Westport Road, Woodlawn Park, KY  40207
Last modified Walden School Corporation is a Private school that serves grades K-12