Abita Springs, LA

Posted June 04, 2012
This is how I remember my elementary school to be. The administration is always walking the halls, shaking hands, meeting the parents and disciplining when necessary. Everything here is positive. The teachers are great, the staff is great, the administration is great and the school is great. If the middle school was run this way, that school would be much better than it is!

Posted April 30, 2010
They are so involved in their students. They have an open door policy, but you have to check into the office first and present your I.D. I believe they get their students off to the best start. Their website is awesome too!

Posted September 18, 2009
Staff provides a loving, caring environment for the students.

Posted May 31, 2009
As a parent of a child that receives special education services with monitoring only my daughter has had excellent teachers that have gone above and beyond with assisting her with any difficulties. I find that the administration and the school are friendly, firm, and fair. I have also considered private school for my daughter but am glad we joined the ASES family. Keep up the good work.

Abita Springs Elementary School 3

Posted May 27, 2009
Good school. It's not quite to the level of the Mandeville area elementary schools, but who is? We moved to Abita from Jefferson Parish, and we absolutely love ASES. Principal is very involved and probably knows every kid at the school. She knows all of the parents that regularly visit the school too - that's pretty amazing. I have been a little disappointed in that the field trips (especially for the 3rd grade) are not more educational in nature. Insta-Gator Ranch is great for K and 1st graders, but I'd prefer for 3rd graders to do something else (Stennis, zoo, government tours, etc.).

Posted January 27, 2009

Abita Springs Elementary School 3

Posted January 08, 2009

Posted January 06, 2009
I would not send my children anywhere else. I toyed with the idea of putting them in private schools when we first moved here and now I would not even think about it.

Posted January 05, 2009
I love this school. When my son started there I was a little concerned not knowing anyone or anything about the school. Now he has been through K, T1 now in 1st. I have to say after this time at this school I would not send my child ANYWHERE ELSE. I had even purchased property to stay there.The principal, asst principal, teachers and staff are the best group of people. They care for the children as their own. IF and I mean IF there is a problem there is always an open door and many people trying to fix it. They consider everyone on that campus as ASE Family. I have never seen a Principal more involved with their school and the activities and is willing to improve where needed. There is a nurse on staff every monday and she is very attentitive. The Pta is very involved and amazing.

Abita Springs Elementary School 1

Posted November 13, 2008
Terrible, unsafe school. My son was bullied and assaulted there the first two weeks of school and teachers did nothing. He also had a bad fall off the play equipment and when I got to the office he had received no medical attention and still had dirt in his mouth and all over his face. They offered him absolutely no assistance. This was a 1st grader! He was complaining of chest pain. I took him to the ER and he had a fractured sternum. The school offered him no medical attention. Teachers were bad overall.Last place you want to send you kids.

Abita Springs Elementary School
22410 Level Street, Abita Springs, LA  70420
Last modified Abita Springs Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-3. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Abita Springs Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top