Posted September 25, 2014
I'm currently a student at Menard. I'm an 8th grader and i'm on the basketball team. Between school, my studies, and sports practice it's a lot to take in since last year i was in a public school. The only reason i'm at this school is because I got a grant. Best thing i've ever done is come to this school. I feel like i really belong and everyone here makes an effort so they're ,generally, nice people. The day I leave this school will be the saddest day in the world for me. September 25, 2014 My name is Nakeya Trowel and I can only hope to be remembered at this amazing school.

Holy Savior Menard Central High School 2

Posted January 12, 2013
I enjoy sending my child to Menard. However, the English department is horrible for the Junior class. There is only one teacher that teaches the whole junior class. Also, the Chemistry teacher is extremely lazy and does not know what "teaching" really is. If you want your child to receive a good education, think twice about Menard. People at this school are very sneaky, & everything is done secretly. You have to be in the "in crowd" to get ahead at Menard.

Posted March 22, 2012
Menard is the best option for your child in Rapides Parish. It is much more affordable than private schools in Baton Rouge and New Orleans. However, the education is pretty good! Menard offers 4 AP credits and has very good mathematics, science, and English departments. If your child takes all honors courses, they will be well prepared to succeed at any public college and most private colleges. Menard also offers a variety of sports which are well funded by alumni donations. Also, the religious influence at Menard really makes a difference. Sure you have some drugs and alcohol, but it is much, much worse in the public schools. However, the better kids at Menard are truly the best and smartest students in the entire parish. Cliques are not really a problem at this school, and bullying/fighting is practically unheard of.

Posted April 17, 2008
Menard's academics are well above the local public schools. Menard sends 96% of their graduates on to college while the local public schools send less than 50%.

Posted February 15, 2008
This school is only for those children who's parents grew up in Alexandria, made a lot of money or are living off trust funds. If you did not grow up and your are not a doctor, an attorney, a business owner, a banker or any other white collar worker with an LSU degree, don't bother sending your children. Especially if you think they will be getting an education. The first and foremost on anyone's mind at Menard is the Athletic Department...that is where all the alumni money goes. There is no continuity in their discipline. It just depends on who you are as to how disciplined you will be. Unless, as a parent you are not concerned about the moral high ground your child will be taking, then I would suggest somewhere else. The kids at menard prove to be the worst in the city when it comes to drugs/alcohol

Posted March 27, 2006
I graduated from Holy Savior Menard in 2004. I am now in college and realize just how much Menard had taught me. I thank God for letting my parents send me to Menard. Not only is the education wonderful but it is such a fun school as well. The sports events are a blast and the theatrical productions are so much fun to participate in. This school offers so much educationally, religiously, and sports wise. I have to say, like one of the people before me did: 'I love Menard'!!

Posted December 09, 2005
This is a great school! I am very pleased as is any other parent who's child goes to Menard. They help the students and parents keep up with the grades with a very nice website.(ren web) The quality is excellent! The best education in cenla is at Menard Jr. High and High School!

Posted April 03, 2005
Am the GrandMother of student & have been blessed with the self discipline and study habits taught/directed by Menard and Staff. Along with her parents as well as what she received at Menard she will enter College this fall with a will/right/education/confidence to do well for the formal Education we all want for our children. I know she would not have had this opportunity to be where she is with her education and self in any other school within Central Louisiana. So pleased and proud of granddaughter and Menard.

Posted February 02, 2005
I am a recent graduate of menard, and there is nowhere else that I would have wanted to attend. It is an awesome school, filled with teachers and staff who care about their students, and a student body who can really connect! Extracurricular activities were great! and all that I can say is that ' I love Menard'!

Holy Savior Menard Central High School 4

Posted October 24, 2004
Good School. We had lst hand experience w/ other local high school and were sorely disappointed. Menard's communication w/ parents and concern for the student's is so much more effective and geniune. My next child WILL go there in 2 years. We won't waste valuable time at any other.

4603 Coliseum Boulevard, Alexandria, LA  71303
Last modified Holy Savior Menard Central High School is a Private school that serves grades 7-12
Holy Savior Menard Central High School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top