Posted March 02, 2013
OLPS is an outstanding school in my opinion. The teachers and staff are wonderful; as is the ministry. My child is developing so much in his 1st year of school and I love that his education is being rooted in the Catholic faith. The school provides a warm and welcoming feeling and strongly encourages close knit interaction between parents and faculty. My child and myself are always treated with kindness and respect. I highly value education, religion, good ethics & morals, as well as discipline, structure, and manners... I truly believe he receives all of these things from OLPS. I am proud to be a part of OLPS and I look forward to sending my 2nd preschooler there next school year and the future years to come. Great Job OLPS! Thanks for all that you do.

Posted June 26, 2012
OLPS is a very good school. My son is very smart and has been challenged academically. Technology is very good. Books are current and academic program is solid. Discipline is good. Children are treated fairly. Teachers care about children as individuals and teach values of honesty, respect and generosity. Children who tend to bully or disrupt class usually don't stay long. Like many private schools, more services are needed for students with disabilities. My child has become a better person and student because of OLPS.

Posted May 23, 2012
I love Prompt Succor of the Catholic Education and the curriculum. I also went there from 1st through 8th grade and forged lifelong friendships - not cliques. Working public schools, I can see that the complaints of some parents are about the same issues I see going on in the public schools. Ultimately, kids are kids, and I think the Catholic education helps begin teaching the children from a very young age right from wrong. Do I think all teachers treat all children equally? - No, human nature. Do I believe they try? Yes. Do I always agree with the "crayons" my child receives? No Do I believe MOST of the time they deserve them? Yes They are still learning self-control at this young age. I was advised when my children started that the more I put into the school, the more I got out of it. I've found this to be so - the more involved we are, the more rewarding it is. Everyone has different experiences, but overall, I believe OLPS to be a wonderful school and am as proud to send my children there as I am to say that I went there.

Our Lady Of Prompt Succor School 2

Posted May 18, 2012
If you have a child that needs assistance, then this is a great school. If you have a child that is average then this is a good school. If you have a child who is highly intelligent then this is a poor school. If you just want a good catholic education and academics do not matter: then this might just be the school for you. Teacher quality is average but LA ranks #47 in Nation. So, what does that tell you. Nice little traditions. Great Middle Class families. There are not set rules for teachers regarding the conduct grade, it is completely subjective. And, at the end of the nine weeks, expect more right ups. Some teachers pull double "crayons," which drops the grade quickly. It could be for something simple like figiting, or asking to go to the restroom. Bullying is higher in some classes than others. Lack of adult supervision on the playground. But, great at teaching religion. They like the Clicks. They start in PreK 3 and prize themselves that the children have been together since PreK 3. The mass is very nice. Children are always on edge because of the acceptance of tattle-telling. Girls are always right; boys are always wrong mentality. Poor curriculum content.

Posted March 31, 2010
I love the Catholic education my child is getting at OLPS. I know they, like me, will forge lifelong friendships during their years there as well as a strong Catholic foundation.

Our Lady Of Prompt Succor School 1

Posted June 13, 2009

Our Lady Of Prompt Succor School 1

Posted July 13, 2008

Posted January 02, 2008

Posted May 03, 2006

Our Lady Of Prompt Succor School
420 21st Street, Alexandria, LA  71301
Last modified Our Lady Of Prompt Succor School is a Private school that serves grades PK-6
Our Lady Of Prompt Succor School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top