Posted October 21, 2014
This is my family's second year at Phoenix. The whole staff has been great. My oldest son has ADHD and the teachers have been very patient and understanding. We love this school and give it a 10. You could not ask for a school staff to be more willing to give your children the best education and learning environment that they could ever get.

Phoenix Magnet Elementary School 1

Posted July 24, 2014
Phoenix was a horrible school for my daughter. I heard so much great things about it before we went there. The teachers was not supportive at all of my child needs and didn't care if she learned are not. I hate to say it but race do play a part in it. I would never tell anyone to go to this school. Ever!!

Posted August 02, 2013
I'm a parent to a kindergarten student this year. I've heard great things about this school. I'm excited to watch my daughter Kimberly this year grow and learn. Kimberly is very excited as well to be starting kindergarten.

Posted October 23, 2012
I have been a parent of Phoenix Magnet for 8 years now. I love the opportunities my children have at this school. The academic program challenges my children. They have a great program to encourage good behavior and responsiblity. The also have an excellent instructor in the PE department who is very involved with the children and does not have them watching movies during this time. The PTO encourages parents to be involved and the PTO does the fundraising for the school so that the teachers and other staff can do their job of educating our children. I am super grateful for the opportunity my children have had at Phoenix Magnet!

Posted April 17, 2012
Phoenix Magnet is a challenging school with regards to academics and discipline, however, it is the only "public" school in the parish to offer "private" school amenities without the high cost for a quality education for your child. It offers an art and music program, strings, archery, baseball, and computer. Not to mention, it has an awesome PTO with exceptional parent involvement and caring teachers/staff. In comparison to the other public schools in the area, it is definitely the best. However, discipline is key if your child is to succeed at this school. Overall, my children and I have had a positive experience at this school.

Phoenix Magnet Elementary School 1

Posted March 27, 2012
I just had a very bad experience with phoenix. Apparently it's completely acceptable for a teacher to talk to a parent however they want. I would not recommend this school to anyone. That's about the nicest way I can say it. I've already had 3 teachers complain to me about the way the school handles the children and one of them even left because twy couldn't stand to watch it anymore.

Phoenix Magnet Elementary School 4

Posted March 15, 2012
My kids are making good grades, but a handful of the teachers are very harsh and condescending to the students (and sometimes even the parents!). Not all of the the teachers are like this, but a few are. The ones I have encountered that are like this (4 in all) do not communicate well, and get very offeneded and take it personally if you question anything. As a parent, I am allowed, and will exercise my right, to question something that relates to my child's education or well-being. I'm all for discipline, but I don't see the value in public humiliation. Good luck bringing it to someone's attention.

Posted January 12, 2011
This is the best school ever my child actually loves getting up every morning going to school they make it fun and alot of hands on. The staff is the best i love the fact they have to be good in order to stay there thats a plus and good grades is always the key

Posted March 08, 2010

Posted May 05, 2009

Phoenix Magnet Elementary School
4500 Lincoln Road, Alexandria, LA  71302
Last modified Phoenix Magnet Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Phoenix Magnet Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top