Alexandria, LA

Alexandria Middle Magnet School 5

Posted February 16, 2014
Im a female honors sixth grade student there and i say its the best middle school to me the test scores might be low in all but that don't matter its the students not the teachers and staff well most teachers lol jk but they have good coaches for sports and good choir and bands its the best school I've went to yet well one of the best!!! -NES

Alexandria Middle Magnet School 2

Posted April 29, 2012
What a terrible school as evident by the low scores and ratings. At least it is consistent in maintaining its underachievement performance. My child was an honor student for six years until he was enrolled based on the zoning attendance. He is finally in his first year of high school and back on the honor roll. The responsibility is solely on the principal and his staff of educators who have up to this date have not found the right formula for academic success.

Alexandria Middle Magnet School 3

Posted February 29, 2012
What happened to Kathy Touchet? Facebook says she is now the Asst. Exec. Director at the Rapides Parish Coliseum.

Alexandria Middle Magnet School 3

Posted February 05, 2012
My son so far has not had any problems at this school. I've had a problem with one of his teachers. She does not communicate well with the children or the parents. He does not interact with the regular classes because he is in gifted and honors classes. I like that aspect of his education.This school recently enrolled a lot of 6th graders from a nearby school due to educational changes. This has caused some stress amongst the existing children due to the behavior problems. I do believe the principal is working hard to put an end to the situation and make it as safe for all the children. Overall the school is good,has many programs for the kids to be involved in, and the children can obtain up to 4 high school credits. I do wish we had one cohesive junior high school for this area, with greaat teachers and that way our children could excel and be better prepared for highschool.

Alexandria Middle Magnet School 1

Posted July 13, 2011
This is one of the worst schools I have ever stepped into. The teachers let the students do whatever they pleased. While I was there there were at least three fights take place and the punishment for some of the students were ISS even though they said they had the zero tolerance policy there. Students were screaming and swearing at the teachers and some of the teachers didn't even attempt to teach the students any longer. The only good thing about the school were the advance classes and the teachers that taught them.

Alexandria Middle Magnet School

Posted April 16, 2009
Heyy, Alexandria Middle Magnet School Iis a very great school. The LEAP and iLEAP were a walk in the park with these teachers. They get you so prepared and they offer so many activities that everyone can enjoy. I was cheer captain this year, I'm in the 4-H club, the Treasury in Beta, in FCS (Fellow Christian Students), and so much more. You always find yourself here at AMMS. I reccomend is so much. It's the best.

Alexandria Middle Magnet School 4

Posted August 09, 2003
My 2 siblings graduated from Alexandria Junior High and the name/curriculum changed to middle magnet the year I transferred there. I was in the magnet program which consisted of math and science high school credits. In 8th grade, I was accepted into the program and took 9th grade Algebra 1 and Physical Science. I received high school credits for those two classes. (Labs- English, Math, Technology, Biology, and Chemistry.) This year in 9th grade, I will take 10th grade biology (my fav. subject!)and geometry instead. All of my math and science classes will be one year ahead if I pass the classes. In 12th grade, I will take an elected type math and science, like advanced math, if I chooses to do so. (In 2003, 2004- 6th graders will take prealgebra and 7th grd. science, 7th graders- Algebra 1 and Phys. Science,, and 8th graders- Biology and Geometry.) I believe. I also enjoyed the several organizations the school provided. I was cheerleading captain and 4H President. This year, I will be going to Peabody Magnet Professional Services Magnet High, not my zoned school at Bolton. I was accepted into the medical magnet program. The other two are Animation and Digital Media and Engineering. I highly recommend this school to those who want high school credits before high school. It is not only a challenge, but an honor. I am glad I have the opportunity now to attend and be in these magnet schools, unlike my siblings, who are now in college.

Alexandria Middle Magnet School
122 Maryland Avenue, Alexandria, LA  71301
Last modified Alexandria Middle Magnet School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Alexandria Middle Magnet School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top