Alexandria, LA

Posted May 30, 2013
I strongly Recommend for parets to send there child to Scott M. Brame. Brame is one of the top middle shcools in Rapides Parish. The teachers at Brame are very determined to give your child the best education possible. Ms. Carlessa White (Asst.Principal) Plays a very important role. She is very encouraging towards the students at brame. She is also very fair. Mr. Wally Fall (Principal) Is an outstanding person. He is very humerous. There is never a dull moment when he's around. He works hard to make sure that his school is ran properly. Homer Crouch (Asst. Principal) also does an outstanding job with the school. My overall rating for Brame is an A.

Scott M. Brame Middle School 4

Posted February 27, 2011
My child came from a private school and I am very pleased with the order and discipline at Brame. Very strong principal leadership, great honors courses that challenge children, very happy with Brame!

Posted September 08, 2008
it has helped my child in every subject because of the nice teachers!!!!!******

Posted July 15, 2006
Brame has one of the strongest faculties in the parish.The teachers always help students who want to help themselves. Parents who work with the teacher and are available to work with their child at home have a more successful educational experience at any level.The music program, choral, band and strings, is outstanding and building each year. Sports are high on the totem pole with grades as a priority. Students from all social levels attend Brame and the majority of the students have a positive and benefical learning encounter while there. The administration is supportive and fair and is always available to discuss any problem with parents. Brame is the place to be if you want your child to experience a good learning environment!

Posted April 05, 2005
The academic program is great you get extra help when you need itat any time during the day.The music , band and strings got a one at festival (that is the best).Art classes are hands on nothing written.We have got district champs 3 years in a row for football. In softball two years in a row.We also have great sports like basketball,track,baseballand some others.All of are clubs are great .Beta has gone to state 3 years in a row for group talent.Some parent involvement but not really alot.We have really great teachers like Mrs.Watts,Mrs.D. Jones,Mrs.Eli and alot of others that are really goood too. Are school is a all a round good school basically.Thanks.

Scott M. Brame Middle School 3

Posted February 19, 2005
By the time a child reaches this level, you hope and pray that you have taught him/her enough at home to be able to deal with what other parents have produced. Most of the teachers are ok, if you as a parent are involved and keep on top of things. If the teachers know you and see you at all of the parent/teacher conferences, they know you are concerned and usually your child will not experience any problems. If you have any problems, you do not under any circumstance talk with the principle. That is a waste of time. You speak with the asst. principles or the teachers themselves. Overall this school is way better than the previous one and the next one is even better. I have three children in three different schools. Been through them all.

Posted February 16, 2005
I disagree with the previous parent's entry. I have found Brame's teachers to be tremendous. The faculty goes out of the way to know and to help my child. The principals are actively involved. I do feel that it would be helpful for more maintenence funds to be allotted to Brame for paint, gym floor, building funds, etc. It is not fair to blame the current principal for problems of the past. The main problem at Brame that the school board has difficulty in FAIRLY using budget money in ALL of the schools. I am happy that my child is at Brame. I cannot speak for all of the extra-curricular activities, but I have been quite impressed with the music department. My child is in beginner band, and loves it.

Scott M. Brame Middle School 2

Posted November 10, 2004
I am not at all happy with Brame. I feel the staff are not concerned about teaching the children how to be respectable caring adults and do as little as possible to actually get to know their students. This starts with the principal. The school is dirty and has vulgar language written on the bathroom walls. I can't believe the difference between the elementary school in the district and Brame - there has to be within this school system because I feel like my child has gone from heaven to hell.

Scott M. Brame Middle School
4800 Dawn Street, Alexandria, LA  71301
Last modified Scott M. Brame Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Scott M. Brame Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top