Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Effective

Posted November 23, 2015
Considering the many challenges we encounter each and very day, I personally believe that our teachers are effective when it comes to teaching our children what they need to know.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted November 23, 2015
Our students are not given too much homework to complete at night. If anything, they probably do not receive enough homework.

Develops grit: Disagree

Posted November 23, 2015
Many of my students are not motivated at all when it comes to academics, and that breaks my heart. Now, don't get me wrong, some do, but most do not.

Develops respect: Disagree

Posted November 23, 2015
My students personally, show very little respect to any adult they come into contact with. We do our best to teach them how to respect others by modeling and reteaching the appropriate behavior, but they still do not respect us.

Develops empathy: Neutral

Posted November 23, 2015
Our students have difficulty in learning how to have empathy for another student. They also have difficulty showing self control of their actions in the classroom.

Develops honesty: Agree

Posted November 23, 2015
Each student is treated with the same respect, love and enthusiasm as any other child would be treated.

D.F. Huddle Elementary New Vision Academy 3

Posted November 23, 2015
We need to improve on our PBIS system, which is suppose to encourage more positive behavior from our students.

Grateful to: Staff member

Posted November 23, 2015
I would like to thank our school secretary, Mrs. Aaron for always taking care of us teachers whenever we need her help. She is always willing to help us, no matter what it is we may need and she always has a smile on her face when she's doing it., whether we need something copied, faxed or even need a parent to be called. We benefit from her, because we are able to spend more time teaching in the classroom. Thank you again Mrs. Aaron for everything that you do for us at D. F. Huddle Elementary!!!

D.F. Huddle Elementary New Vision Academy 1

Posted May 18, 2013
This school has been on a steady and constant economic decline along with many other in Rapides Parish. My child attended 3 years and we tried to make it work. Take my advice. If you are zoned for this school, look up charter, private, or write to the school board for hardship. It's the only way your child will get an education.

Posted July 28, 2009
I don't feel that my children are growing at Huddle Elementary. They are very smart, however they are not being taught material that's on their grade level. I am afraid that when my kids enroll in another school,they will have to work extra hard.

505 Texas Avenue, Alexandria, LA  71301
Last modified D.F. Huddle Elementary New Vision Academy is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.