Bad
Good

I went to this school from kindergarten to 5th grade. I am not a college student and I always said, I wish Nachman would've been a k-12 school because I loved it that much. Everything about this school was completely amazing. The teachers, the other staff members, and the principal were all just so great. If I could go back to my time at this school, I would because so many wonderful memories and friends were made there. Not to mention their PE program is excellent. It was always so much fun for us kids to have something active and exciting to look forward to. They had a great balance of exercise, aerobics, physical fitness, and of course we all looked forward to game day on Fridays. The PE teachers were always prepared with a weekly schedule which was exciting. I also enjoyed all of the field trips, holiday functions you could attend and field day/water day (an activity in which the kids spent the whole day outside, competing in events or splashing around in the kiddie pools or on the water slides. My parents sending me to Nachman was the best choice they ever made and I hope to send my children there one day as well. Absolutely loved it!!!!

My kids love this school and the teachers are very attentive to the children I have four children that attended thos school and it is the best school they have ever attended. The test scores are high and they always have homework they expect a lot from from the children which makes the children expect a lot from them selfs.

Nachman Principal Richard Tison provides excellent leadership for his students and teachers. His aptitudes for knowing all of the students and their needs is far above the average principal in the area. The downside is too much emphasis is placed on the PE Teachers and their department and opportunities are limited. There sole focus is the Presidential Fitness. This limits the schools ability to provide opportunities such as they do not have Archery in the Schools and Scouting has a difficult time getting a recruitment date.

All I can say is that Nachman is a wonderful school.. My daughter went ther and now my son is enrolled there.. He comes home every day and talks about how much he loves his teacher.. I dont understand some parents saying that the kids are uninviting and that teachers talk at recess, they are kids how many young kids do you know that are going to walk up and just start talking to a new child in class?? teachers are going to talk at recess, thats the only time they have to talk.. I'm sure they are watching the kids as well.. Most of the reviews on here that are low are because something is not happening with their child.. All I know is both my children have been in the school and I have no complaints about the school.. Maybe the parents can be more involved in the school.. Keep doing what you are doing Nachman, I thank you if nobody else does.. I would give 5 stars but hey everyone can improve somewhere...

Boooo all the way the office staff and the principal are rude and prejudice. I wish my kids didn't have to go to this school. They made us feel very unwelcomed on the first day of enrollment.

My children's experience at Nachman is wonderful due to excellent teachers, staff, leadership, academics, fitness program and arts. My children enjoy their school activities every day! Mr. Tison is very involved in making every students school experience positive. My expectations are very high when it comes to academics due to my background and Nachman is soaring overall! :-)

Recent changes in the PE program lead to a majority of the first graders and Straight A Students to drop 20 pts. in their PE grade. The PE teachers showed no concern that straight A students are no longer honor students do to the changes that where not presented to the homeroom teachers or parents involved. The Assitant Principal and Principal have no concept that his violates state educational policies. Parents are disgusted at the lack of concern. It really appears as if the PE teachers where trying to make a stand against the first grade teachers. Not sure where this major administration issue has emerged, but it is not only unethical but destructive to parental involvement and moral.

This school atmosphere has made my child feel more insecure about herself that our previous school environment. The students are not open and inviting of others to join into their groups and the teachers stand around and talk to eachother during recess time as it was frequently observed especially the younger children instead of being placed around the playground. My Child was transfered to another school in the parish and is thriving.

I am the new music teacher at Nachman and I'm also a parent of a fourth-grader here. This school is simply outstanding. I totally agree with the other review. I was hired in September 2005 because of an increase in students following Hurricane Katrina, which is also the reason I now live in Alexandria. More parents need to make their concerns known regarding the lack of elementary arts education in Rapides Parish. I was lucky that the principal here was already looking for a music teacher. The faculty here is friendly, supportive and professional. One of our PE teachers was recently named outstanding elementary PE teacher for the state of Louisiana. The Parent Teacher Club donated the first year budget for music and continues to support the program. Nachman Rocks!

Last modified J.B. Nachman Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.