Alexandria, LA

Peabody Montessori Elementary School 3

Posted May 18, 2015
Let me start by saying that my child has attended Peabody since pre-k. The lower grades are an EXCELLENT start for any child. The teachers are what makes this school so wonderful. However, as my child progressed to older grades, the atmosphere and attitude of teacher/faculty started to dwindle. The powers ahead do not care about how the parent feels nor do they care about working with you OR your child. They will lie to your face and smile. Then turn around and do what you asked them not to or what you guys discussed would not be appropriate. Sometimes, things are NOT at all what they seem. This school would be the case here. I wrote a comment before and it got deleted. This makes me wonder how many other parents have commented and their comments were deleted. Let's see if this one doesn't "DISAPPEAR".

Posted October 04, 2012
I am very impressed with this school for both my kids! They keep parents well-informed, and maintain a caring sense of order.

Peabody Montessori Elementary School 3

Posted March 28, 2012
Yes, the school does have a history of academic excellence. However, if your child has special learning needs and has an individualized education plan, you may be in trouble. As the parent, you can not trust that it will be complied with. Really unfortunate because those who learn differently still deserve the chance to learn and excel!!!

Posted October 31, 2011
My daughter started pre-k @ Peabody Montessori 2011! I am so happy I chose this school they have far exceeded my expectations! My girl is already reading after being there almost 2 months! They teach the children how to be respectful independent people! When my son is ready for school that is where he will be going! I recommend this school to everyone looking for a great elementary school for their kids!!

Posted February 13, 2010
I'm a mom proud to say my son attends Peabody Montessori. He has only been there a few years but there is no where else I would rather be. Its so reassuring when your child loves to go to school to see teachers and other staff not scared crying to stay home.

Posted November 09, 2009
Both of my children attend Peabody Montessori. The oldest has been a student there since Pre-K, she is now in the 6th grade. Peabody is second to none!

Posted November 06, 2009
My son has been at Peabody Montessori for 6 years, and we absolutely love it! The teachers, administration and parents all work together to improve the lives of our children and provide them with so many educational opportunities.

Posted November 02, 2009
My daughter has been going to Peabody Montessori since the first grade. This will be her last year there. She will go to Jr High next year. The teachers at Peabody are the best at teaching our children. I will miss having her attend there.

Posted November 01, 2009
Not only am I a parent of three Peabody Montessori Students, I am also a teacher at the school. I can honestly say, there is no place we would rather be. We love being a part of the fabulous Peabody Montessori Family. My oldest child still credits her success in Jr. High on the wonderful education she received at Peabody. I still have 2 children attending Peabody, and they both love it. The teachers are all very creative, dedicated and willing to anything to help the students. Every parent should take a tour of our school, before deciding where their children will will be educated.

Posted March 26, 2008
What can I say? We LOVE Peabody! The faculty and staff are ALL genuinely caring and helpful from the moment you first walk in the door. My daughter just started pre-k, but she really is chalenged every day with new lessons at HER level, not the other kids' levels, and she is able to excel because of this. Her teacher, and the rest of the faculty I have interacted with, is very attentive and conscientious. Peabody is a wonderful school, and I gladly drive out of my way to get her to school every day!

2416 3rd Street, Alexandria, LA  71302
Last modified Peabody Montessori Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Peabody Montessori Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top