No rating

St. Louise De Marillac

Private | PK-8

Student diversity

Living in Arabi

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $115,500. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $850.

Sweep tile

Posted February 16, 2009

Although this is a small school, it was an excellent school. The teachers were nice, there wasn't any master schedule, but it was very great. In fact, the students were to follow the teacher when getting to another class. You couldn't just leave to the hallway during the bell. It was like an elementary school even if you were in middle school. But, I didn't make it to middle school because of Hurricane Katrina. But, I wouldn't have gone here anyways. After my 5th grade year, I went to another school in 6th grade after asking my parents because I felt that there was a better school. Worst week ever. But, I made a friend. This school was excellent, and I hope to see it get back on it's feet!
—Submitted by a student

Posted August 5, 2005

All four of my children have gone to St. Louise. None of the other schools in our parish have the close family atmosphere of St. Louise. Small classes mean a lot of individual attention. My children love this school. Ms. Huff is doing a wonderful job as principal. I have seen her at every function we had last year. I wouldn't send my children anywhere else.

Posted May 13, 2005

not enough qualified teachers and and not enough support assistants for staff. no vice principal,nor counselors.

Posted April 22, 2005

St Louise is a small school with the ability to treat each child individually. As a result, the children have self- esteem and a high degree of self- confidence. It is not just a place of academic excellence, it is a family. Most of the teachers and parents have been a part of the St. Louise family for years, some are even graduates of St Louise. Their devotion to St Louise is evident in their high level of involvement. The Quality of academic programs are evident in St Louise's alumnae, who are succeesing and doing very well in academically challenging high school programs. When I drop my child off in the morning and go on to work, I feel I can relax because I know I am dropping my child off to her extended family. She is in good hands and she will be taken care of.

Posted November 16, 2004

I believe St. Louise De Marillac School is doing a great job, Mrs. Huff is true leader, she has brought great changes to a school. Mrs. Huff is has shown her willingess to take take to listen to parents and students. She is very honest and will not hesitate telling you if you are right or wrong, she is a very fair person. This school has come a long ways, and thanks to Father and Mrs. Huff as well as the staff, St. Louise de Marillac will make a difference in St. Bernard Parish Catholic Schools. I think the extracurricular activies added to this school gives each student a change to do be included in something that they enjoy. Thanks to Mrs. Huff and Father my son was given a second chance to recieve a Catholic Education.

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman Catholic
Associations
  • NAEYC
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious