Baker, LA

Bethany Christian School 4

Posted March 05, 2015
I do really love the school. There are only a few things that I would consider as cons. First, they do not offer the children breakfast. You would think with you paying for tuition that this is something that is included. Not really a big deal being that I fix my son's breakfast every morning at home. They are a bit extreme with rules; they find things that children being children would do as an issue that many parents would not think to care of. However my son has been there since he was in Pre-K 3 and he's now in the first grade. He loves the school and everyone knows him by name. I like the fact they are Christian-based and teach the children God's word (my son knows just as much about the Bible as his grandfather does who's a pastor by the way). The office is personable and works with the parents as much as they can or whatever they can. I would definitely recommend this school to others

Posted August 11, 2014
So far so good today was my daughters first day entering Bethany and already loves it. Today I had a chance to ask her what was her favorite subject so far and surprisingly she told me learning about Jesus, and that very important to me to know she's growing in the right path. The teachers and staff are so nice and I feel I made the best choice for my child. When it comes to parents checking in on their children it's hassle free they check you in and you are able to sit with your child and learn more about their day so my free time is not wasted. Overall so far Bethany is exceeding my expectations and I'm greatful God saw fit to provide me with the stability to send my child there and I'm looking forward to a bright school year 2014-15

Posted April 11, 2013
I graduated from Bethany in 2008. They did an excellent job prepareing me for college and for life. Now I'm a teacher at a public Louisiana school. The differences are astounding. I realize that private christian school isn't an option for everyone, but the social situations in the public schools are heartbreaking. Conversly, the acadimics are a joke. If you at all can, send your child to BCS. I am soo glad my parents did.

Bethany Christian School 3

Posted October 26, 2009
My child is new to the school. I thought the work would be more challenging being that I moved him from a struggling Public school system to BCS. I find that it is not challenging at all. The homework load is great: They don't give homework on Wednesdays but they definitely make up for it on the other days. The discipline is very fair and firm. Excellent leadership and good environment for the most part. I'm not real comfortable with seeing that the teachers play so many roles, instead of concentrating on their own class at such early grades. I am glad they offer so many 'extras' but at the same time,they don't go often enough to each one. Its a taste rather than a mouthful! (For example, art is once a week--or maybe even once every other week. . .same with computer lab, etc.) Overall, I like the change.

Bethany Christian School 4

Posted June 23, 2008
I have two daughters at Bethany Christain school. They are doing well. The discipline with the elementary students seem kind of harsh, because you figure children will be children. They have to laugh, jump, and they will talk in line; that's how they express themselves. If a 1st grader seems a teacher door nicely decorated, the child is going to one to touch it, using his/her senses and being courious about what is seen. The teachers challenge the students to want to go higher, they go to chapel, they are introduced to projects early on, and parent participation is encouraged. If there is a problem or concern the parent is encouraged to meet with the teacher. I love the email system, you can email the teacher any question and by the next day, if not the same day they respond. My children love Bethany, I the Bbical teaching at Bethany.

Posted February 10, 2006
This school has been just amazing for my daughters. They have great firends and have maintained great grades and ACT scores due to the wonderful academics and the fact that they are expected to do their very best. The Christian atmosphere is genuine and I will probably be seeing my grandchildren attending Bethany in the years to come.

Bethany Christian School 3

Posted October 23, 2005
The school uses the Beka system (a bible based)approach to learning. We have two children one was there for eight years and is currently enrolled in a public gifted and talented high school. The other child started as a three year old and is currently in kindergarten. Both of our children find the environment suited for learning and have developed a disire for serving. The academics are challenging and prepare students for success as their standardized test scores indicate. The older child participated in elementary volleyball, basketball, and music. The younger child who is five has no extracurricular activities to participate in. But is learning Spanish and attends a computer lab weekly to learn the basics of operating a computer. Parental involvement is extremely high. This school offers for my children an old school (Faith Based)approach to learning (God First)which is important as I observe my daughter's peers in public school.

Bethany Christian School 1

Posted October 23, 2004
The whole discipline process is so critical of a childs character and does and allowing for individual diferences, this can cause a child to experience frustration. I loved the christian education it didn't go with the actually teaching of love and accepting people the way God made them.

Bethany Christian School
13855 Plank Road, Baker, LA  70714
Last modified Bethany Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Bethany Christian School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top