Baker, LA

Posted August 11, 2014
So far so good today was my daughters first day entering Bethany and already loves it. Today I had a chance to ask her what was her favorite subject so far and surprisingly she told me learning about Jesus, and that very important to me to know she's growing in the right path. The teachers and staff are so nice and I feel I made the best choice for my child. When it comes to parents checking in on their children it's hassle free they check you in and you are able to sit with your child and learn more about their day so my free time is not wasted. Overall so far Bethany is exceeding my expectations and I'm greatful God saw fit to provide me with the stability to send my child there and I'm looking forward to a bright school year 2014-15

Posted April 11, 2013
I graduated from Bethany in 2008. They did an excellent job prepareing me for college and for life. Now I'm a teacher at a public Louisiana school. The differences are astounding. I realize that private christian school isn't an option for everyone, but the social situations in the public schools are heartbreaking. Conversly, the acadimics are a joke. If you at all can, send your child to BCS. I am soo glad my parents did.

Posted March 15, 2010

Bethany Christian School 3

Posted October 26, 2009
My child is new to the school. I thought the work would be more challenging being that I moved him from a struggling Public school system to BCS. I find that it is not challenging at all. The homework load is great: They don't give homework on Wednesdays but they definitely make up for it on the other days. The discipline is very fair and firm. Excellent leadership and good environment for the most part. I'm not real comfortable with seeing that the teachers play so many roles, instead of concentrating on their own class at such early grades. I am glad they offer so many 'extras' but at the same time,they don't go often enough to each one. Its a taste rather than a mouthful! (For example, art is once a week--or maybe even once every other week. . .same with computer lab, etc.) Overall, I like the change.

Posted November 08, 2008

Bethany Christian School 4

Posted June 23, 2008
I have two daughters at Bethany Christain school. They are doing well. The discipline with the elementary students seem kind of harsh, because you figure children will be children. They have to laugh, jump, and they will talk in line; that's how they express themselves. If a 1st grader seems a teacher door nicely decorated, the child is going to one to touch it, using his/her senses and being courious about what is seen. The teachers challenge the students to want to go higher, they go to chapel, they are introduced to projects early on, and parent participation is encouraged. If there is a problem or concern the parent is encouraged to meet with the teacher. I love the email system, you can email the teacher any question and by the next day, if not the same day they respond. My children love Bethany, I the Bbical teaching at Bethany.

Posted August 15, 2007
- a former student

Bethany Christian School 4

Posted June 29, 2006

Posted April 13, 2006
- a former student

Posted February 10, 2006
This school has been just amazing for my daughters. They have great firends and have maintained great grades and ACT scores due to the wonderful academics and the fact that they are expected to do their very best. The Christian atmosphere is genuine and I will probably be seeing my grandchildren attending Bethany in the years to come.

Bethany Christian School
13855 Plank Road, Baker, LA  70714
Last modified Bethany Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Bethany Christian School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top