Baker Heights Elementary School 4

Posted June 17, 2014
Baker Heights has made tremendous strides with student performance. Sometimes you just have to give the school and its staff some time to turn things around. This school is moving in the right direction. More support from the community could really push this school over the top.

Posted December 05, 2013
It the worst school ever I have all three of my kids going there no kind of communication between the parent at all .You constatley have to keep calling to get a message to the teacher it crazy my kids will not be going there anymore.They will be going to another school but I'm done with that school poor performance and everything else.

Posted November 07, 2011
This is probably one of the worse school systems ever...My child was punched in the head with a big red mark remaining and I was not notified by the school. Upon calling to speak with someone I was told someone would return my call...no return call...When I finally spoke with the teacher who was in charge when it occurred her comment was :oh, it slipped my mind to call you...i had other things more important to take care of...he no longer attends this school due to the ignorance of the teachers ....

Baker Heights Elementary School 0

Posted May 20, 2009
Both of my children have attended this school, my youngest being a current student. The main complaint I have with this schools is with the communication between teachers & parents. This year alone, there have been close to 10 instances of me sending a note with my child and never getting any type of reply from the teacher. I call the office and leave messages for the teacher only for those to never be returned as well. God willing, I will be moving out of parish this summer for the purpose of getting my kids out of the Baker school system.

Baker Heights Elementary School 0

Posted August 20, 2008
I was a student at Baker Heights Elementary School from first grade until the third grade. I began working here in 2004 and still enjoy working here. My son is a former student of this school and is now enrolled in a high academic school better known as magnet school. This school is often times brought down by many who are ignorant to the fact that economic environment plays a major roll in the academic growth of students as well as their personal and family life. With that being said, there's only so much a school can do without the proper and positive support from the community and parents. Parents have to begin academics at home even before their children enter school. Although our students are faced with more adversity than many, we still manage to produce successful citizens for our community.

Baker Heights Elementary School 3

Posted June 16, 2008
Things are not all bad at Baker Heights. I worked there for three years as a teacher and have the following positives to offer: - the school has the latest and greatest in reading and math programs. - most teachers there are well-educated, trained in the latest educational techniques, and truly care about their students. - the principal is working hard to serve her students well in a broken system - the school's resources are spent to directly benefit the education of the children

Posted December 11, 2006
If you want your child to start off in a high academic environment, this is not the school for your child!!! this school is run down, it is not up to date in technology, the staff is not friendly, and the principal is horrible!!! she does not work well with her teachers and she definitely does not work well with the parents.

Posted August 23, 2006
Baker Heights does not provide students with a solid academic foundation. The principal is very difficult to deal with, and many of the best teachers have left due to conflict with the principal. Learning should be exciting and fun for the young child, but unfortunately, it is neither at Baker Heights. Serious behavior issues exist among many of the students, and the problems are not addressed by the school. This is not the place for your child if he /she truly wants to learn and excel!

Baker Heights Elementary School
3750 Harding Street, Baker, LA  70714
Last modified Baker Heights Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Baker Heights Elementary School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top