Bad
Good

I too love this school. My son has been here since 1st grade and he is now in the 4th grade. The quality of education is superb, but I have to be completly honest. The homework has been tremendous since we started in 1st grade. Now in 4th grade it takes about 4 hours a night and My husband and I both have college. This is the very best in the parish and for us, it's either the Magnet school or moving. If you are contimplating a move out of Morehouse Parish and are relying on the MMS to satisfy your childs education, this will be a tough school year for you and your child. It's hard and stressful on everyone. Since 1st grade about 3 students a year leave due to the 2.5 gpa rule. Scores stay high cause the weak are weeded out. Look at your childs personality too.

The quality of education is second to none! The Magnet School staff is dedicated to developing the minds of the students. My children were in first and third grades, and we loved our teachers! My son would've liked more athletic programs, but he really enjoyed the computer magnet class. My daughter loved the Art Magnet class, and qualified for the gifted program. Overall, our family was very pleased with our first year at MMS!

Last modified Morehouse Magnet School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.