Bad
Good

Morehouse Magnet School 4

Posted March 02, 2010
I too love this school. My son has been here since 1st grade and he is now in the 4th grade. The quality of education is superb, but I have to be completly honest. The homework has been tremendous since we started in 1st grade. Now in 4th grade it takes about 4 hours a night and My husband and I both have college. This is the very best in the parish and for us, it's either the Magnet school or moving. If you are contimplating a move out of Morehouse Parish and are relying on the MMS to satisfy your childs education, this will be a tough school year for you and your child. It's hard and stressful on everyone. Since 1st grade about 3 students a year leave due to the 2.5 gpa rule. Scores stay high cause the weak are weeded out. Look at your childs personality too.

Morehouse Magnet School 5

Posted May 25, 2007
The quality of education is second to none! The Magnet School staff is dedicated to developing the minds of the students. My children were in first and third grades, and we loved our teachers! My son would've liked more athletic programs, but he really enjoyed the computer magnet class. My daughter loved the Art Magnet class, and qualified for the gifted program. Overall, our family was very pleased with our first year at MMS!

Morehouse Magnet School

Posted February 20, 2005
My son was in the Morehouse Magnet (gifted program) in the 5 grade. He was in the gifted program also when that shool was West Side. The teachers that worked with him those years were outstanding I have modeled my teaching after them. We move to Texas at the end of his 5 grade year and I to this day wish we hadn't. I have yet to see a program that even compares. My son spent his 6-8 grade years far ahead of everyone. I had to creat things for him to do just to keep him out of trouble. Keep up the great work!

Morehouse Magnet School 5

Posted June 13, 2004
We moved here from Baton Rouge in 2003. I was lucky enough to get my son enrolled at Morehouse Magnet (gifted program). It is absolutely the best thing that has ever happened to him. I truly love this school and all of its staff. They are truly committed to a secure education for our children. It is amazing! Thank you MMS!

Morehouse Magnet School
909 Larche Lane, Bastrop, LA  71220
Last modified Morehouse Magnet School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Morehouse Magnet School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top