Bad
Good

This is a great school that is getting better. My children have been here since Pre-K. Now it is becoming a charter school with a high school. They will get to stay through high school. The principal is a great leader who tries to help students and parents. The teachers really care about the students and give them lots of individual attention. The secretary is friendly and helpful when parents come in the office. The assistant principal is a tough cookie who is no nonsense, but she loves the students and helps the parents. I can't say anything bad about the school except the food is not that great.

As a parent, I am very happy. The teachers do a good job, and the principal makes the students behave so they can learn. I disagree with the negative reviews. I wouldn't send my kids anywhere else.

As a former student I don't recommend Beekman Jr High. When I attended Beekman it was academically one of the top schools in the state. In spite of that it was a horrible experience. I hoped that it had improved since I left but judging from the previous 2 reviews in support of it it sounds like it hasn't. One reviewer posted, 'No one I am aware of has had an interest in any other activity <basketball.>' That comment pretty much sums up the attitude of those involved in the school. Tolerance and acceptance is not their strong point.

I am a former student of Beekman Jr.High,my children attend Beekman as well, over all the school is a very good school, the academics is lacking, but what we do offer is taught by terrific, caring teachers. The principal is a very caring man and he cares about our kids and community.I wouldn't send my children any where else.

I, as well as my 2 older brothers, attended Beekman Jr. High from K-8. I was tremendously hurt by the comments made about this wonderful school. Beekman provided great teaching as well as great, caring teachers. Beekman now has a softball team with their well-known basketball team on which I played. Young Beekmanites are raised playing basketball, and that's what they love. No one that I am aware of has had an interest in any other activity. When I attended Beekman there was a monthly PTO meeting which my parents attended. At least half of my class is now in an honors program, and is in the upper 25% of our class. Beekman is a wonderful school that will provide great opportunities for many children.

Last modified Beekman Junior High School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8