Baton Rouge, LA

Redemptorist High School 1

Posted February 14, 2014
The school should not be called Redemptirist anymore, as it is just a shell of what it once was since Mr John Sanders, the principal left with the rest of the entire teaching, maintenance, and coaching staff with the exception of a few individuals. So sad the rich history of Redemptorist High School is no more!

Redemptorist High School 4

Posted February 03, 2014
There is always room for improvement in any school you attend. However, Redemptorist High School is what every school should be about. The administration, faculty, and staff at this school are committed to the development of the whole student, body, mind, and spirit. RHS is a shining star in the city of Baton Rouge. I have never taught at any other school so willing to address the individual needs of its students! This is a loving and welcoming family of which I am privileged to be a part.

Redemptorist High School 2

Posted January 23, 2014
As a current student of RHS, I have to warn you that this school is not like it used to be. I am in my second year here, and judging by what these reviews say and what my relatives who graduated from RHS have told me, the school is nothing like it was even just a few years ago. A new principal, loss of prior faculty, and a curriculum that is headed downhill have lead to a serious decrease in enrollment. My class only has around 70-80 students. While the smaller classes are something that I was looking for in my search for a high school, the lower number of students in each class did not result in the one-on-one attention that I was expecting. A few of my classes are great; They challenge me and have wonderful teachers. Most of my classes are not. The structure of the classes is ridiculously nonexistent. The discipline, both in class and in the hallways, is just as bad. The athletics program is in the process of being rebuilt by a new athletics director, but it's just not as it once was. In summary, Redemptorist is stuck in a downward spiral, and frankly, the administration is not doing much of anything to fix it. I am not planning to return to RHS to complete my high school career.

Posted January 18, 2012
I speak from experience when I say that Redemptorist High School (RHS) is one of the best schools in Baton Rouge, if not Louisiana. The teachers teach more than the curriculum, they teach responsibility, that hard work pays, and most of all they teach respect. Our class was certainly diverse; however, when we graduated, we were so close that we all graduated as one (figuratively of course-we all received diplomas). RHS prepares all of its students extremely well for life after high school, whether that includes college or not. I was shocked by the comment about RHS students being mean. I challenge any parents to stop by the campus one day and walk around and watch the students in action. RHS is a great school and my kids will be attending as soon as they are old enough. Thank God for RHS

Posted January 07, 2012
Redemptorist High School did a fantastic job of preparing me for college.I am about to graduate college with a business degree and will attend Law school soon. I could not imagine going anywhere else. The teachers were very nice and caring but they did hold students to a certain standard. As for the location, the neighborhood around RHS has been doing a lot to clean up. As a student there I can never remember a time where something happened. RHS brought students from many different backgrounds and brought us together to form one class. My children will most definitely be attending RHS. RHS offers much more than a great education; they offer a life experience that its students will never forget.

Posted May 21, 2010
I am a graduate as well as my son and over 30 relatives. Great teachers, family enviroment. Location is just as safe as other private schools.........

Posted May 21, 2010
I had four children graduate from RHS and they all loved it! As parents, we were very pleased as well with every aspect of the school. Your children graduate as well rounded young adults ready to face the world. Redemptorist is a family experience for students and parents!

Posted April 18, 2010
Our daughter graduated from RHS in 2009. it was a positive experience for her, personal attention in math (where she had problems), and excouragement in the other classes where she excelled. She is now thriving in college. We're surprised by the comment that 'many of the students are mean.' Definitely not our experience, and we've never heard anyone else say that.

Posted January 03, 2010

Posted July 15, 2009
My daughter graduated from RHS and now my son attends.It is a very caring school.

Redemptorist High School
4000 Saint Gerard Avenue, Baton Rouge, LA  70805
Last modified Redemptorist High School is a Private school that serves grades 7-12
Redemptorist High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top