K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Posted January 27, 2015
The best of the best. We LOVE this school and hated leaving to go to high school. Everyone there, teachers, administrators, and front office truly care about our children. They were so prepared for high school.

Posted April 14, 2014
I do not like this school at all because of my child's experiences. The staff does not help at all with any of the kids problems. My child comes home everyday saying how his friends get detentions for no reasons. I thought this was a catholic school. This is not how u treaty a kid. And you don't just put a kid in a room with no one guiding him/her this school is insane. We need better teachers. This school is not a school of excellence I believe my kid so much and a ton of parents I hear complaints from. I hear they don't help kids when they get bullied because my niece got bullied here a couple years ago and they didn't help and she went to a different school. The do good helping with religion and during basketball tryouts the school picks favorites and I believe that this school is all about favorites. I see how the staff treats some of the kids

Posted December 02, 2011
STM has completely changed my opinion of private schooling. Prior to having children there, I never felt that private schooling was necessary as long as you lived in the "right" public school district. Now I realize it's much more than that. My eldest daughter is challenged every day by teachers who are willing to skip their own breaks to tutor her if she finds particular difficulty with a subject. My son was finding remaining still and quiet during class very problematic. The teachers and counselors worked with us in a very caring and compassionate manner to get his behavior under control. He now enjoys school and has wonderful conduct grades as well as much less homework. The office staff are extremely knowledgable, helpful, and friendly. I can't imagine a better school.

Posted November 07, 2010
GREAT SCHOOL!!! DEDICATED FACULTY!!! OUTSTANDING LEGACY!!! We wanted our children to have the best educational foundation to prepare them for high school, and we found all of this and so much more at STM. Chidren are taught Christian-based values and treat each other with respect and dignity. We were always welcomed and encouraged at STM to be actively involved in our children's school by volunteering in a variety of activiies such as the annual Mission Day and Parish Fair, field trips, sports, etc. I am proud to say that the warm feeling of family, faith, and pride in school ownership still exists today and will be for generations to come. Go Eagles!

Posted November 07, 2010
I have a child that presently attends St. Thomas School, and I have been extremely pleased with the academic curriculum and the Christian values that are being taught and reinforced on a daily basis. The teachers are very dedicated and make learning exciting for my child. I searched for a faith-based school that had high standards of excellence in education, community, and tradition, and I feel confident that STM has been an excellent choice for my family.

Posted November 07, 2010
STM provides the nurturing and caring environment that we want for our children. Its commitment to academic excellence and the instilling of Catholic morals reflects our family values. The STM family has become an integral part of our lives, and we recommend it wholeheartedly.

Posted November 06, 2010
As a career educator with over thirty years of experience in both public and parochial education, I feel very blessed to be a part of the St. Thomas More Catholic School faculty and staff. STM provides a safe and nurturing environment to develop the whole child - academically, spiritually, emotionally, and socially - into life-long learners and productive members of society. STM has a challenging curriculum with a supportive administration, dedicated teachers, and a caring staff who are committed to their vocation and are called to make a difference in the lives of their students. With over fifty years of successfully educating children, I am thankful that STM continues its well-known tradition of providing a first rate education to the Baton Rouge community.

Posted October 29, 2010
This was the worst experience of our lives beginning on the first day of school. My son was called a brown guy by a classmate and repeatedly screamed that he doesn't like brown guys. I witnessed this walking him in his Kindergarten class. I told his teacher and never received an apology until I brought it up again several weeks later. His classmates told him they don't play with kids like him, spit at him, and called him stupid. And my son recieves an F in conduct for balancing a pencil on his nose or playing with crayons during instruction period. Are you Kidding? This experience was horrible and I beat myself up everyday for putting my son in this environment. Yes, education was good, but at what cost? Please see addtional post.

Posted May 20, 2010
As a teacher in the Diocese of Baton Rouge, I am very displeased with the morals that are already being taught to my child at STM, and he is only in kindergarten-that being one of the many reasons he will be attending Sacred Heart of Jesus in BR next year. STM does not , support the high schools in the Diocese of BR first. They promote St. Joseph's and Catholic of BR first, St. Michael's second and Redemptorist last. I want my child to be in a place that is the real world and not some cookie cutter fairy land. If you make A's-its wonderful, D's & F's-they might help you, in the middle with C's-your left to fend for yourself. People do not put their kids there solely for a Catholic education, but for social status. I don't think God is smiling down...

Posted May 09, 2010
As a former student at STM, I can say it's a really bad school. Since new administration has come, education has been gradually slipping with several underqualified teachers in nearly every department. When I was there, I never felt challenged, except in my sixth grade year, and I felt extremely ostracized because I was one of the few people who played no sports. Mostly teachers turned a blind eye to my problems, or would not offer me necessary help to solve them on my own. It angers me that my parents have sunk so much money into the school for a sub par education.

St. Thomas More School