Baton Rouge, LA

St. George School 2

Posted August 12, 2014
If you value your privacy or don't want to experience being judged by your child's teacher or administration, do not send your child here. Even after two years of moving to another school closer to my new home I discovered that one of the Kindergarten teachers at St. George slandered me to her adult daughter. The teacher was talking about some personal issues that only she and the school knew. The issue is the gossip got back to me at a completely new school. So if you ever get divorced, are not wealthy, or have any normal life struggles you will be made to feel like a second-class citizen here. Mr. Nelson and Mrs. Guillot the principal and assistant-principal leave a lot to be desired. Do yourself a favor, spend your tuition money somewhere else.

Posted February 15, 2014
I am very pleased with St George. The school is run like a well oiled machine. It is a loving, nurturing environment. Mr Nelson is a great principal and it is very obvious that he is perfect for his job.

Posted October 14, 2013
I've attended St.George for 9 years now. I think I've gotten a great education from it. Are they competitive? Yes! But that drives everyone to do better, even if we struggle sometimes. The down side to St. George is probably an issue common among other private schools. Here it is: St.George has had numerous bullying seminars given to all of us in the middle school. But nothing really changes. I wouldn't say there is an issue of verbally bullying, but more of an issue with cliques. If you don't fit the "cool" standards, you aren't in the "in-crowd". I think it's b/c most of the people that go here have wealthy parents. Most of my friends' parents are Lawyers, Doctors, Chefs, and owners of medium- sized businesses . Most of us are spoiled- which isn't always a bad thing, but for someone who may not be able to afford the new Michael Kors watch, it probably wouldn't feel so good, especially because then you are not fitting the standards of "cool". SGS has never fully allowed me to be myself, but as not only the standards of the school, but the student body. As any school, it has its setbacks. Overall the school is OK, but I'll be happy to get to high school and have a fresh start.

St. George School 1

Posted September 29, 2013
The school is not the same quality of school as it was with Mrs. Bersch. declining rapidly with the new principal this year

Posted August 31, 2013
Homework and academic expectations are unreasonable for lower elementary students given large class sizes. School seems very intent on being "the best" academically and athletically sometimes at the expense of the children's best interests.

Posted December 03, 2012
I am a new administrator to St. George Catholic School. I am inspired daily by the St. George community. The spirit of kindness and compassion are demonstrated everyday, throughout the day. Each day I am impressed by the dedication and caring nature of the teachers and staff and the rigor of the instruction they share with our students. Each day I am proud of the hard work and determination our students demonstrate. Each day, I am fortunate to be a part of such an excellent educational institution.

St. George School 1

Posted November 27, 2012
Both of my children currently attend this school. My youngest son has a peanut allergy which the school and his teacher were aware of. His teacher allowed him to eat a snack from an unknown source which contained peanuts without reading the ingredients resulting in my son being rushed to the emergency room in a potentially fatal condition. I discussed the matter with the principal the next day at which time he had not even discussed what happened with my son's teacher. Neither the principal nor the teachers or staff expressed any concern regarding my son's health and took absolutely no proactive measures to ensure that the situation never happens again. Their attitude and lack of safeguards and concern are unacceptable and I have begun the process of researching alternative schools.

Posted August 01, 2010
I've been at St. George since kindergarten and am now going into 8th grade. St. George has prepared me for many challenges in the future. The teachers are amazing and have helped me reach many of my goals. Our church is very loving and considerate to the needs of each and every student. My faith has grown tremendously with the help of our church and teachers. I can't thank St. George enough for everything they've done. The years I've been here were the best of my life and I will never forget them. Ms. Bankston was the best teacher ever!! :)

Posted April 09, 2009
Im in 7th grade and this school is awesome. we have tons of different sports to participate in and win 1st place in a lot of our tournaments. We also have a super big campus and a loving church. Also in october we have the St. George Fair. Its soooo fun. this school rocks!

Posted March 17, 2009
This school is AWESOME!! The teachers are great. GO MRS. PEARSON!!!! Its a great environment

St. George School