PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

I can't say enough good things about Sacred Heart School. My daughter graduated from SHS in 2015 and was so prepared for high school -- academically, socially and spiritually. My two sons currently attend Sacred Heart and love their teachers and friends. From academics, to sports, to arts, to instilling values needed to navigate today's societal strains - - - Sacred Heart is a special place in mid-city Baton Rouge nurturing minds and hearts.

The school is a very close knit family deeply rooted in the Catholic faith. The administration, teachers, students, and parents are engaged and dedicated to making our school the best in Baton Rouge. I also love the diversity of the student body because it is indicative of society at large.

Sacred Heart is a treasure to the Baton Rouge Community. We recently celebrated our 85th school anniversary. Many people commented how even though times are different the school at it's heart is the same. I love the sheltering environment I have put my kids where they can not be in a rush to grow up, receive an excellent education and grow their personal relationship with Christ.

One of the best kept secrets in Baton Rouge -- because of its mid-city location, this school draws from a diverse base of families from throughout the Greater Baton Rouge area. Its small size (~450 students) provides a warm environment for its rigorous academic programs. We are proud to have high (quite often highest!) test scores in diocese. In addition to all of this, there is a real sense of serving the community instilled in the kids. I have three kids at SHS and could not be happier.

My children have flourished at Sacred Heart. Academically, it is one of the top schools in the area. It's a small, loving environment that really focuses on the total child.

The classes are over crowded this year and I find that the teachers are not able to provide enough individualized attention. Teachers are not open to new teaching styles In order to reach all students and prepare them for this computerized society.

This school has been a blessing. My daughter has been at Sacred Heart for three years. (I switched her here after some terrible experiences in EBR public schools.) She has made friends easily. The staff are always warm and inviting, and they always make my family feel welcome. I love how the faculty find ways to make the curriculum appropriate yet interesting and challenging to the students. I commend their anti-bullying program and the timeliness of responses to emails and phone calls. Sacred Heart is the best kept secret in town!

Last modified Sacred Heart Of Jesus School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8