Baton Rouge, LA

Posted September 08, 2014
Episcopal has returned to its old Glory Days! Excellent faculty and staff - intelligent, compassionate educators. Top notch facility, results-oriented administration. Practical and purposeful expectations which embrace academic excellence, spirituality and service. Incredible array of top competing athletic teams that are fully resourced, superior arts programs that span acting to creative writing. Fully engaged parent body. Episcopal educates the whole child, physically morally, intellectually and spiritually. It's the best of the best, beyond compare.

Posted August 26, 2012
We are in our second year at Episcopal, and can't say enough good things about the administration, teachers, staff, and facilities. Endless opportunities for kids and parents to participate in sports and the arts, amazing, cutting-edge curriculum, administration is both approachable and responsive to parent concerns. Wonderful, welcoming atmosphere!

Posted May 18, 2012
No school is perfect. But I am certainly glad that we have been able to send both of our children to Episcopal. One attended for 13 years (K-12th), and the other has been a student since kindergarten. Current administration is very people-oriented and approachable. Since the new administration arrived, much needed maintenance has been accomplished or is planned for all the campus. Teachers are excellent. Coursework can be difficult, but that is to be expected at a college-prep school. Many opportunities for the students in sports and arts, and academic choices are plentiful. Beautiful facilities. Parental involvement is very strong. And the lunches are delicious! I would not want to send my children anywhere else.

Posted April 05, 2012
I have been going to Episcopal for four years now, and it is easily the best school in Baton Rouge. Given the fact that Baton Rouge has very poor schools (U-high). The work can be overwhelming, but we have several long breaks during the day to go and visit teachers for help. The people who struggle at school are generally the ones who slack off and refuse to seek help. They really encourage individuality and how one can express his/herself. I think Episcopal is the best school in Baton Rouge, because of its challenging academic programs and its desire for strong leaders at school and away from school.

Posted September 05, 2011
My family has been involved with Episcopal for seven years and I have seen many improvements in program, both academic and extracurricular during that time. Unfortunately, our level of trust has diminished since the current head of school began his tenure in 2010. Major changes have occurred with little or no communication. Parents are discouraged from open discourse. Financial aid awards were completely botched. I heard that faculty contracts were not received until June. Programs that directly affect students have been slashed in the name of the budget, while many positions have been added in administration, landscaping, etc. My children have always loved the school-hence the high ranking. Personally, I am skeptical of the current priorities and wish we could return to those things that were valued by the previous head: academic attention and excellence, character development, and timely communication.

Posted June 30, 2010
Excellent new Head of School in Hugh McIntosh. School making great progress toward 21st Century Education

Episcopal High School 2

Posted May 03, 2010

Posted February 25, 2010
My experience at Episcopal has been fabulous. It is unarguably the best school in Baton Rouge academically. Most classes are strong, and while I'll admit there is the occasional poor teacher, you can usually avoid them if you take the AP or Honors route in certain fields. The student body is energetic and close-knit. People complain that new students feel unwelcome, but I feel that this has changed especially within the past year. I feel like a huge number of new students have transferred to EHS throughout the semester and many RAVE about their experience at EHS vs. other private schools in the area. I do not feel like my class is at all cliquey- our entire class is essentially two large groups, which I would not consider 'exclusive.' Students can be slightly shallow and materialistic, but this is true for any private school similar to EHS.

Posted December 10, 2009

Episcopal High School 3

Posted November 24, 2009
I am currently a student at EHS. I moved here from another school. At the beginning, everybody was nice, the school work was pretty easy. I liked it for a couple of months. I really didnt mind going to school. But now, everything is stressful and I get headaches all the time after school. It is only halfway through the semester, and I feel as though I want to leave. The kids here are very smart, but they tease and laugh at you even if you do something wrong. If you dont have the right clothes, shoes, etc. There are many people who act as if they OWN the whole school, even though they are just students. The teachers are great, and they help the students alot. Overall, this school is pretty good. It has GREAT extra curricular activites, and many sports to play.

Episcopal High School
3200 Woodland Ridge Boulevard, Baton Rouge, LA  70816
Last modified Episcopal High School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Episcopal High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 34 reviews. Top