Baton Rouge, LA
Before care: Yes

Posted August 28, 2014
Please take the time to research the schools you send your students to. Have you seen this schools horribly poor test scores? They're sinful! Parents, be informed. The administrator needs to be replaced. He is a product of this school - do the math. Your child will not be properly prepared for success in life by attending a school like this! Find another school. Save your money - and your child's life!

Posted August 07, 2014
Funny how the negative reviews of this school disappear. This school is nothing short of horrific on all levels. Do not send your child here! Academics=0 Teacher Qualifications=0, Financial Accountability=0, Student Safety=0, Books-Computer Lab-Resources=0, Cafeteria Food=0. Out of control staff, administration & students not learning=10.

Posted April 28, 2014
I simply can't imagine any school more committed to advancing students academically--especially at-risk students--than Hosanna Christian Academy. HCA is SO committed to improving students' scores, they initiated an intervention program 2 years ago (HIGHLY unusual for a private school...especially at their moderate tuition rate). This past school year, they created a Saturday school for those students who were close to crossing a threshold in their grades to help get them "over the top" and at NO additional cost! Education is as much about character as it is academics and HCA places a huge emphasis on spiritual development that shows in the teachers and students alike. Quite a bit of money has been spent to improve the campus such as totally remodeling one entire building to triple the size of the old library and create a more spacious front office for parents picking up kids or waiting for appointments. Few schools can compare!!

Hosanna Christian Academy 4

Posted April 28, 2014
Hosanna Christian has gone through two years of transition and is coming out ahead! So many of our teachers are dedicated to giving their best to help all of our students BE their best! Every day, I see evidence that Hosanna is helping students go from failure to success. I am proud to be a teacher at HCA.

Posted November 20, 2013
I have been particularly impressed with how the school's leadership addresses potentially difficult situations. I can honestly say that politics do not play a part at HCA. I have recently, very recently, seen the Adminstration make some unpopular decisions, but clearly the right things to do.... Spiritually, the Campus Pastor is GREAT for the kids. I feel good about my child's teachers, some more than others, but they are all competent. Some are very good. I like the easy access to teachers and administrators; personnel cell numbers, etc. I don't always agree with every decision, but I always feel heard, and I believe the leaders always do what they feel is best for the students.

Posted October 25, 2013
I was excited when I initially enrolled my kids at HCA last year; however, each day I grow more and more disappointed, so I will be pulling them out next year. If I could now I would; however, I'm a private pay parent that's locked in a contract. HCA does not meet the expectations one would expect when paying to send their kids to private school. HCA's admin has accepted so many voucher students, the school is now very overcrowded. The student-teacher ratio in most classes is too high for a "private" school. It makes me question where the focus is... Is it teaching these kids or is it money? With the large influx of voucher kids/state voucher money, way more than last year I might add, plus the increase in tuition costs for private pay parents, plus the numerous fund raisers the school has, one would think that you would see some improvement in the condition of the school! Think again! The facilities and classrooms need repairs/updates, the parking lot is full of pot holes, the kids do not have lockers - HCA is extremely disappointing. So this is it for us. If the condition of my "private" school is equal to or worse than my nearest public school, I'd rather save than waste.

Posted October 18, 2013
We could not ask for a better school! We have attended HCA for over ten years. I have two children whom attend Hosanna. During previous years we have witnessed changes in the school. HCA has had Administrators that loved God which is a great characteristic at a christian school. That is one of the reasons were still attending. "To much is given much is required". Administrators are given a plan from God. Leadership is needed to step out on faith to fulfill God's plan. Leaning not on our own understanding but totally trusting him. Thank God we have an administrator that has both qualities; loves the Lord with all his heart and leadership ability to fulfill God's plan for our school HCA. I am honored to have two kids attending a school where its ok to worship and that holds parents,teachers and students alike accountable to God's word on and off its campus.

Posted October 17, 2013
I could NOT have asked for a better school. I am 100% pleased with Hosanna Christian Academy. I currently have 2 kids enrolled at Hosanna Christian Academy and plan on them graduating from Hosanna. I am a PROUD parent and I approve this message..........

Posted September 25, 2013
This school is AWESOME!!!!! I'm a volunteer at this school and I love it. It has the right name in it Hosanna CHRISTIAN Academy and that is what it is a Christian based School. The teachers and staff are very friendly and their motto is WE ARE HERE FOR OUR CHILDREN, that is so true. You always will know what your child is doing in school at all times. That means that they are there for OUR kids. Thank you God it's a truly blessing.

Posted September 24, 2013
This is an awesome school! It had been and always will be. Keep up the great job HCA!! We need a lot more parent involvement in every school.

Hosanna Christian Academy
8850 Goodwood Boulevard, Baton Rouge, LA  70806
Last modified Hosanna Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hosanna Christian Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 62 reviews. Top