Baton Rouge, LA

Posted November 30, 2014
Dunham is a school like NO other! Wonderful experience to have been a student and now a parent of a child who has been there 3 years ... truly the best school in Baton Rouge!

Posted November 17, 2014
My family has been at Dunham for 8 years, and I am so thankful for what Dunham has done for my children and has meant to my family! My children are encouraged to reach their full potential academically as well as to flourish in the arts and athletics. No school is perfect; and every school has problems. With Dunham's small class comes higher tuition. But, having teachers/coaches who know my children and invest in their lives the way The Dunham School does is worth it. Blessed to be a part of this school!

Posted November 16, 2014
I have two children that currently attend Dunham. I have had children in the catholic school system and public and I can truly say that Dunham is the most Christian, loving, and nurturing school in Baton Rouge. Not only has Dunham challenged my children educationally they do a wonderful job of teaching Christian morals and values. At other schools we have been told "we can't help your child". Dunham will never tell you they can not help your child learn to the best of their ability. My two children learn differently, and Dunham has offered our children an individualized education that will help them in weak areas and challenge them in areas where they excel. The faculty truly cares about our children and our family. My children have been loved and nurtured at Dunham, they love going to school everyday. Dunham has become not just a school it has become our family. We love the small classes and the individualized attention that our children receive. My husband and I are extremely happy with Dunham and can not imagine sending our children any where else.

Posted November 16, 2014
As a graduate, I can say that this school is what you make of it. I really loved my experience here, and I was definitely academically prepared for college. I had the opportunity to take multiple AP courses and earn successful scores because of my teachers. I had great relationships with the faculty; they truly cared about me and wanted me to succeed. So, if any parents are reading this, please know that this school is not "easy" (as other parents are saying) unless you make it easy. Dunham offers students the opportunity to take harder classes, but only a handful of students are willing to take the challenge. Personally, I believe that sending me to this school was the best decision my parents have made for me. Dunham prepared me both spiritually and academically for the steps beyond high school.

Posted November 10, 2014
The Dunham School has helped my family call Baton Rouge home! The school has a welcoming atmosphere that you feel when you walk onto campus. Never do you pass someone without saying hello. The small class size has allowed for my child to receive instruction on his level. The Dining Hall is excellent with local ingredients and healthy choices ... encouraging my child to try something new! The Harkness Method allows students to find their voice at a table setting. Dunham students learn how to participate in productive group conversations. The technology is the BEST in the city ... recognized 4 times as an Apple Distinguished School. No other school in the city can say that! Each day I feel blessed to drive onto the campus!!

Posted October 23, 2014
This school is expensive and only increasing tuition. You might want to check out the other schools in the area that have more programs in place already.
3 people found this helpful

Posted August 29, 2014
Dunham is exactly what my husband and I want for our daughters. The education is perfectly tailored for each students. Having gone to a private Christian school as a student myself, I know that there is a broad spectrum of independent schools and thier quality. Dunham is of the highest quality in Christian education. Their approach to teaching students challenges and grows each student in a safe and secure environment. We have had 8 different classroom teachers and many more enrichment teachers and our girls have been loved, been challenged by, and encouraged by each one. We wanted a Christian school where they would learn the Truth and see Jesus in the lives of their teachers while being given the best possible education. That is exactly what Dunham has given to them both. From the carpool drop off to the pick up after their many after school clubs and opportunities, we have nothing but the highest praise for Dunham and its faculty and staff! Thanks for such a great experience! We look forward to many wonderful years at Dunham in the future.

The Dunham School 2

Posted June 01, 2014
Most of the students and teachers at this school are very friendly and nice, but the administration seems to be having problems. Dunham is getting into financial trouble, and it is impacting the whole school.

Posted May 27, 2014
This, unfortunately, is the 3rd post I have made to this website warning interested parties about the poor academic quality of teachers at The Dunham School. It seems each post has somehow magically disappeared. I would not continue to try to re-post if I did not feel the importance of warning prospective parents and students. We pulled both of our children out of Dunham two years ago and couldn't be happier at Parkview! Oh was a difference warm, caring and compassionate teachers make! Very different from the judgmental, critical and harsh (yet primarily first year teachers) at Dunham. Even the teachers outwardly complain about the administration and many confidentially confess that they only stay because it is "easy" in that there are basically no expectations. It is unfortunate that so many children are being forced out because of the bullying of the administration. No wonder bullying is a problem among the students.
2 people found this helpful

Posted March 01, 2014
In reference to the last post... I don't think God approves of using the Dunham school to charge $24,000 for incompetent programs and teachers. These parents that come to the Mac center are looking for a place for their children with learning disabilities to help them. I don't think they expect them to fall way behind due to lack of a true program. This was the case for my child. He want there for 5th grade...I changed schools and he was very behind! I believe this program is in big trouble!

The Dunham School