PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Too much (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Ineffective (1 response)

Posted August 14, 2015
Genuine caring teachers and truly christian atmosphere. My two children learn very differently and both are challenged at the optimum level and are thriving. They have the ability to meet individual needs better than any school I have experienced.

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted June 24, 2015
Teachers feel so much pressure to teach at the college prep level, they forget how to teach at the high school level.

Develops grit: Disagree

Posted June 24, 2015
No, the faculty encourages kids to be leaders, then micromanages their every move. All original ideas are usually rejected by faculty who always assume the kids are going to misbehave.

Develops empathy: Neutral

Posted June 24, 2015
It's not the school that makes these kids nice people. It's their parents, despite the fact that the school tries to take full credit for them.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted June 24, 2015
The nice kids are the best thing about this school. $20,000 plus is a lot to pay for nice kids.

The Dunham School 1

Posted May 02, 2015
So sad to have seen the school consistently decline over the years. New buildings do not make the school.

Posted November 30, 2014
Dunham is a school like NO other! Wonderful experience to have been a student and now a parent of a child who has been there 3 years ... truly the best school in Baton Rouge!

Posted November 17, 2014
My family has been at Dunham for 8 years, and I am so thankful for what Dunham has done for my children and has meant to my family! My children are encouraged to reach their full potential academically as well as to flourish in the arts and athletics. No school is perfect; and every school has problems. With Dunham's small class comes higher tuition. But, having teachers/coaches who know my children and invest in their lives the way The Dunham School does is worth it. Blessed to be a part of this school!

Posted November 16, 2014
I have two children that currently attend Dunham. I have had children in the catholic school system and public and I can truly say that Dunham is the most Christian, loving, and nurturing school in Baton Rouge. Not only has Dunham challenged my children educationally they do a wonderful job of teaching Christian morals and values. At other schools we have been told "we can't help your child". Dunham will never tell you they can not help your child learn to the best of their ability. My two children learn differently, and Dunham has offered our children an individualized education that will help them in weak areas and challenge them in areas where they excel. The faculty truly cares about our children and our family. My children have been loved and nurtured at Dunham, they love going to school everyday. Dunham has become not just a school it has become our family. We love the small classes and the individualized attention that our children receive. My husband and I are extremely happy with Dunham and can not imagine sending our children any where else.

Posted November 16, 2014
As a graduate, I can say that this school is what you make of it. I really loved my experience here, and I was definitely academically prepared for college. I had the opportunity to take multiple AP courses and earn successful scores because of my teachers. I had great relationships with the faculty; they truly cared about me and wanted me to succeed. So, if any parents are reading this, please know that this school is not "easy" (as other parents are saying) unless you make it easy. Dunham offers students the opportunity to take harder classes, but only a handful of students are willing to take the challenge. Personally, I believe that sending me to this school was the best decision my parents have made for me. Dunham prepared me both spiritually and academically for the steps beyond high school.

11111 Roy Emerson Drive, Baton Rouge, LA  70810