PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

When my daughter was in high school she was told she was on the homecoming court, then the school comes back and says oh your not??! She is not the only one this happen to! She was in tears. Shame on this school. Not true to their word. Very disappointed. There were several issues that took place here that were uncalled for.

Genuine caring teachers and truly christian atmosphere. My two children learn very differently and both are challenged at the optimum level and are thriving. They have the ability to meet individual needs better than any school I have experienced.

Amount of homework: Disagree

Teachers feel so much pressure to teach at the college prep level, they forget how to teach at the high school level.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The nice kids are the best thing about this school. $20,000 plus is a lot to pay for nice kids.

So sad to have seen the school consistently decline over the years. New buildings do not make the school.

Dunham is a school like NO other! Wonderful experience to have been a student and now a parent of a child who has been there 3 years ... truly the best school in Baton Rouge!

My family has been at Dunham for 8 years, and I am so thankful for what Dunham has done for my children and has meant to my family! My children are encouraged to reach their full potential academically as well as to flourish in the arts and athletics. No school is perfect; and every school has problems. With Dunham's small class comes higher tuition. But, having teachers/coaches who know my children and invest in their lives the way The Dunham School does is worth it. Blessed to be a part of this school!

I have two children that currently attend Dunham. I have had children in the catholic school system and public and I can truly say that Dunham is the most Christian, loving, and nurturing school in Baton Rouge. Not only has Dunham challenged my children educationally they do a wonderful job of teaching Christian morals and values. At other schools we have been told "we can't help your child". Dunham will never tell you they can not help your child learn to the best of their ability. My two children learn differently, and Dunham has offered our children an individualized education that will help them in weak areas and challenge them in areas where they excel. The faculty truly cares about our children and our family. My children have been loved and nurtured at Dunham, they love going to school everyday. Dunham has become not just a school it has become our family. We love the small classes and the individualized attention that our children receive. My husband and I are extremely happy with Dunham and can not imagine sending our children any where else.

As a graduate, I can say that this school is what you make of it. I really loved my experience here, and I was definitely academically prepared for college. I had the opportunity to take multiple AP courses and earn successful scores because of my teachers. I had great relationships with the faculty; they truly cared about me and wanted me to succeed. So, if any parents are reading this, please know that this school is not "easy" (as other parents are saying) unless you make it easy. Dunham offers students the opportunity to take harder classes, but only a handful of students are willing to take the challenge. Personally, I believe that sending me to this school was the best decision my parents have made for me. Dunham prepared me both spiritually and academically for the steps beyond high school.

The Dunham School has helped my family call Baton Rouge home! The school has a welcoming atmosphere that you feel when you walk onto campus. Never do you pass someone without saying hello. The small class size has allowed for my child to receive instruction on his level. The Dining Hall is excellent with local ingredients and healthy choices ... encouraging my child to try something new! The Harkness Method allows students to find their voice at a table setting. Dunham students learn how to participate in productive group conversations. The technology is the BEST in the city ... recognized 4 times as an Apple Distinguished School. No other school in the city can say that! Each day I feel blessed to drive onto the campus!!

Last modified The Dunham School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12