Baton Rouge, LA

Posted January 23, 2014
St Jude has been the perfect school for our sons. A small community that feels like family. My sons love their teachers and we feel like they are learning and growing in the Catholic faith.

Posted January 15, 2014
Actually, we spent two years at St. Aloysius and then chose St. Jude. Have been at St. Jude for five years.

Posted January 14, 2014
Fortunately, if a parent is going to make a commitment to their child's education, I know they would do more than just trust the opinion of some anonymous reviewer hiding behind the safety of the infamous "anonymous parent" signature. If you want to find out what St Jude is about, just ask real people, not internet posters. Ask parents, ask the kids, talk to the administrators, just ask. We have two children attending St Jude, and we love it. It is a GREAT community of families. We have been extremely pleased with every aspect of the school, from the priest, to the teachers, to the administrators, to the family involvement. St Jude is a smaller school, which we love, because we basically know all of the parents in both of our kids' classes. For us, this is a great thing. Go to the fair and talk to families there. But don't trust this post, just ask. Real people will give you real answers. Just ask. Our answer will be, we are proud to be part of the St Jude family.

St. Jude School 1

Posted March 03, 2013
Sadly, Great Schools requires me to put at least one star. The education is sufficient, but there are so many other problems with the school that is is not worth your money. Administration does not properly handle any problems, and often ignored all thoughts from both me, my husband, and my children. My children dreaded attending this school because they were ignored by staff when problems arose. There is much more that could be said about this establishment, but I will keep my review brief. Choose any other Catholic School in the area before choosing St. Jude.

St. Jude School 1

Posted January 04, 2013
Administration is dismal at best. They have proven themselves to me to be petty, vindictive and dishonest. They share all the qualities of a couple of grade school bullies except these bullies are the principal and her toady. Many of the parents I have spoken to share this opinion. Private school costs way too much to have your children used as leverage against you if you so much as question a decision about whats best for your child (our healthcare providers questioned their decisions too). There is not enough room here to voice all of the problems I have had with this school's administration. Look into St. Aloysius or St. George until the dioceses decides to clean house in St. Jude.

Posted August 02, 2012
My husband and I moved back to Baton Rouge a few years ago, and after visiting and reviewing several of the best Catholic elementary schools, chose St. Jude. Of all the schools, it was the most welcoming, solid academically and half the size of St. George and St. Aloysius! We have had a wonderful experience so far with both our daughters and look forward to many more years there.

Posted June 08, 2012
It seems my family has had the complete opposite of the reviews below. Our children have been at St. Jude since Pre-K, and we could not be more pleased with the quality of education they are receiving. The teachers are warm and welcoming, and administration has been quick to help out with anything we have needed. We will happily continue sending our children to this excellent school!

St. Jude School 2

Posted October 23, 2011
Poor leadership !! A few good teachers excellent religion teacher but extremely bound by poor curriculum. Children not welcoming to new students. Very disappointed , choose another school .

St. Jude School 2

Posted January 25, 2011
Poor leadership hamstrings the teachers from being able to innovate with the children. Teacher quality is mixed some really good, many mediocre. Go to St. Aloysius instead.

Posted August 07, 2008