Posted November 13, 2014
We have had the privilege of being a part of St. Jean Vianney for 4 years. The teachers and administrators have always been kind and helpful whenever we have contacted them. I love that my child is surrounded by faith filled people each day. We have made friendships that I am sure will last a lifetime. The SJV community is wonderful!

Posted September 28, 2014
My daughter began high school this past August and I am amazed at how easily she made the transition. She is performing remarkably well, even taking two honors classes, and I attribute her academic success to the outstanding education she received at St. Jean Vianney Catholic School. I found the faculty and staff very caring, helpful, and extremely interested in the education of my daughter. I am grateful for their dedication. I am also thankful for the wonderful friends she made during her time at SJV. Although her classmates went on to different high schools, they manage to stay in constant contact. These are life-long friends. I think the pastor, Fr. Tom Ranzino, says it best when he describes St. Jean Vianney as a place large enough to provide the education your child deserves but small enough to know their name. It was a wonderful elementary school experience.

St. Jean Vianney School 1

Posted June 19, 2014
The school sent home Math workbooks for the parents to teach their kids over the summer what was NOT taught this school year but is expected be known by the start of the next school year. There is no set math curriculum to follow at all. Students in public school learned more in math then the student at SJV. Teachers do not teach. They have students take turns reading the text book out loud then send home study guides that consist of questions that the student must find the answers to and study for the test by, but the kicker is the teachers don t go over the correct answers to the study guides until the day before the test. When I brought that point up to a teacher I was told that my child could come to her any day during recess to ask questions. A student should not have to track down a teacher on their free time to go over what is suppose to being taught in class. I agree with the other post about a bullying problem. My child would inform the teachers about someone being harassed or bullied and the issue would never be addressed. I also agree the ones doing the bulling are kids of the money contributors, those that volunteer all the time and related to staff members.

Posted May 26, 2014
SJV has been a good school for my kids so far. I have active and energetic kids. We have some issues to deal with, allergies, learning disorders and behavior problems and I feel teachers and administrators are equally helpful in helping us as parents deal with these daily challenges. SJV does have a small community feel and friendships with other kids and families seem to be pretty easy to come by. I am satisfied with St. Jean Vianney and like others look forward to the time in the very near future when we will have a gym for activities and sports. The Master Plan is in place by Father Tom and administration to improve the school and that's all we can ask for now. I hope enrollment and the parental involvment increase with the capital improvements.

Posted March 15, 2014
St. Jean Vianney is a wonderful school. Everyone from the Principal and Administrators to the Teachers are kind, caring and give their all in teaching the children and create a very pleasant and creative environment in which to learn. There are many enrichment opportunities for the students and many extra-curricular clubs and activities. My husband and I are very pleased to have chosen St. Jean Vianney as the school for our son. It's truly a welcoming and thriving place for the students and families. We love it.

St. Jean Vianney School 1

Posted February 27, 2014
This school is very unwelcoming. If you can handle that and like to pay a lot of money for a school with no gym, no cafeteria, teachers that don't have to be certified, and 3-4 hours of homework each night then this might be the school for you. I also agree with the parent below on the bullying problem. Honestly, they only learn from example. The adults are just as bad if not worse.

St. Jean Vianney School 2

Posted October 06, 2013
This school has a bulling problem. The administration sweeps the issues under the rug because most of the kids doing the bullying have parents who are large financial contributors. Yet the school is excessive strict on other issues. Girls will get a conduct referral for having a pony tail holder on their wrist. During lunch the kids are barely able to talk to the person next to them and if it gets too loud then the teachers are on a bull horn yelling at the students to be quiet. The classroom sizes are too large 30 students per teacher. Homework is excessive. My child is some times up until midnight studying or trying to complete projects.

Posted April 11, 2012
I love this school!! I have a son that is in 2nd grade and next year will have my other son in kindergarten. Teachers are wonderful and truely care about your children. The whole staff is very friendly and go out of their way to help you and make you feel welcomed and comfortable. I only have amazing things to say about this school.

St. Jean Vianney School 0

Posted April 29, 2010
My granddaughter is in kindergarten now and my grandson will be there in August. I love the school, teachers are wonderful! My granddaughter loves the school and grandson can't wait to go there and learn to read. Great school with lots of parent and grandparent participation.

Posted August 13, 2007
My children go to school here. It is awesome. They are well prepared from one year to the next. The teachers are great, the parents are involved and the students are awesome. A very family atmosphere. Only complaint is that there is not a change between elementary and middle school The middle school kids are treated too strictly and aren't given any independence. They also need to budget there money better and invest in a gym.

St. Jean Vianney School
16266 South Harrells Ferry Road, Baton Rouge, LA  70816
Last modified St. Jean Vianney School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
St. Jean Vianney School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top