Baton Rouge, LA
Students enrolled: 1,399

Parkview Baptist School 2

Posted May 19, 2015
My children both have teachers that care and do the best they can with what they have. I think the administration at this school has a very very long way to come. They are too relaxed and don't have qualified people in positions. My advice to any and all parents is to ask questions. Ask how many kids graduated with tops in 2014 and 2015, ask about national merit scholars, ask if the superintendent is following these kids to see how prepared they are for college, ask if they are requiring their teachers to do continuing education classes. For a school that is supposed to be a college prep school with one of the highest tuition rates in town I think you will be left with your mouth gapping open its as we were. The superintendent will not and does not respond to questions, calls or emails...alarming. The teachers are not held accountable therefore like us if you get a good one be extremely thankful, we had fabulous teachers. But I am so happy we asked the questions above because after getting answers we were able to pull out children and know that we are confident our dollars spent on an education elsewhere.

Posted March 03, 2015
Our daughter started attending Parkview Baptist School in her Senior Year and she didn't know ANY of the 100+ students in the senior class. We thought that her first year & last year @ Parkview might be difficult. But bfore the previous school year ended, she was allowed to shadow a student for a full day of school. The first day of school she was assigned a "buddy" to show her to her classes, introduce her to students,etc. The second day of school I received a call asking how my daughter's first day of school went. A few weeks later, the counselor spoke with my daughter to see first hand how everything was going. We were very pleased at how attentive and concerned the staff were. She says that she feels like she has been going there all along and has made so many friends and has gotten involved in a lot of the many activities/clubs that are offered and she even loves her teachers! We rate Parkview Baptist School as Excellent as evidenced in the education, caring and spiritual nurturing they provide to the students.

Posted September 29, 2014
Parkview Baptist School in Baton Rouge, Louisiana is a fantastic school! Parkview provided a Christ-centered education for my two children who attended PBS from kindergarten through 12th grade. Both are successful adults - one employed as a teacher and the other in the petrochemical industry. I am proud to be a part of the Parkview family! My family was blessed by the teachers and other leadership of the school. I enjoyed being a parent volunteer throughout the course of my children's years at PBS. Parkview exceeded our expectations and continues to provide an excellent education for its students. It's a great place to be!

Parkview Baptist School 2

Posted August 27, 2014
this school is so confusing asdfghjk what the heck is this "fluid block" schedule?? idk i like waffles

Posted May 27, 2014
We have one child at Parkview and hope to have our second there soon! Lovely, caring teachers who share strong Christian values and work overtime to help the children! Worth every penny!

Posted May 20, 2014
My daughter graduated from PBS this week, and I am so grateful for the wonderful 13+ years she spent at PBS. I know she has been academically prepared for college and has had countless opportunities to participate in athletic teams and a phenomenal fine arts program. But in reflecting on her time at PBS, it has been the love, guidance and opportunities to grow spiritually have been amazing. I am forever grateful for every teacher, coach, administrator and staff member that have been an incredible role model for my daughter. We are forever grateful for each of you! Geaux Eagles!!

Posted April 03, 2014
I am very pleased with Parkview. I love the teacher, admins and staff. I think Dr Mays has been great for the school. Solid education, lots of activities and loving Christian environment. What more could a mother ask for?!

Posted September 27, 2013
My child has been at Parkview for three years and we are very happy that we decided to go with Parkview. Academic excellence, awesome teachers and lots of school spirit. No school is perfect and Parkview has room to improve, but overall I am very pleased with the school. Haters gonna hate, lovers gonna love....I'm just speaking the truth.

Posted September 20, 2013
This is a wonderful school....the teachers truly are invested in each student, and the parents are very involved. For the money, I believe this is the best school in Baton Rouge. The curriculum prepares students well for college. I highly recommend PBS above other private schools in the city.

Posted August 14, 2013
This school is very well balanced, the academics are just as strong as any other top tier college prep private school in Baton Rouge. Parkview gets an unfair bias as a "sports school" but this is a great school focusing on Academics, Arts, Athtetics and your childs spirtual well being. Could not be more happy with this school!

Parkview Baptist School
5750 Parkview Church Road, Baton Rouge, LA  70816
Last modified Parkview Baptist School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Parkview Baptist School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 47 reviews. Top