Baton Rouge, LA
Students enrolled: 1,399

Posted March 03, 2015
Our daughter started attending Parkview Baptist School in her Senior Year and she didn't know ANY of the 100+ students in the senior class. We thought that her first year & last year @ Parkview might be difficult. But bfore the previous school year ended, she was allowed to shadow a student for a full day of school. The first day of school she was assigned a "buddy" to show her to her classes, introduce her to students,etc. The second day of school I received a call asking how my daughter's first day of school went. A few weeks later, the counselor spoke with my daughter to see first hand how everything was going. We were very pleased at how attentive and concerned the staff were. She says that she feels like she has been going there all along and has made so many friends and has gotten involved in a lot of the many activities/clubs that are offered and she even loves her teachers! We rate Parkview Baptist School as Excellent as evidenced in the education, caring and spiritual nurturing they provide to the students.

Posted September 29, 2014
Parkview Baptist School in Baton Rouge, Louisiana is a fantastic school! Parkview provided a Christ-centered education for my two children who attended PBS from kindergarten through 12th grade. Both are successful adults - one employed as a teacher and the other in the petrochemical industry. I am proud to be a part of the Parkview family! My family was blessed by the teachers and other leadership of the school. I enjoyed being a parent volunteer throughout the course of my children's years at PBS. Parkview exceeded our expectations and continues to provide an excellent education for its students. It's a great place to be!

Posted May 27, 2014
We have one child at Parkview and hope to have our second there soon! Lovely, caring teachers who share strong Christian values and work overtime to help the children! Worth every penny!

Posted May 20, 2014
My daughter graduated from PBS this week, and I am so grateful for the wonderful 13+ years she spent at PBS. I know she has been academically prepared for college and has had countless opportunities to participate in athletic teams and a phenomenal fine arts program. But in reflecting on her time at PBS, it has been the love, guidance and opportunities to grow spiritually have been amazing. I am forever grateful for every teacher, coach, administrator and staff member that have been an incredible role model for my daughter. We are forever grateful for each of you! Geaux Eagles!!

Posted April 03, 2014
I am very pleased with Parkview. I love the teacher, admins and staff. I think Dr Mays has been great for the school. Solid education, lots of activities and loving Christian environment. What more could a mother ask for?!

Posted September 27, 2013
My child has been at Parkview for three years and we are very happy that we decided to go with Parkview. Academic excellence, awesome teachers and lots of school spirit. No school is perfect and Parkview has room to improve, but overall I am very pleased with the school. Haters gonna hate, lovers gonna love....I'm just speaking the truth.

Posted September 20, 2013
This is a wonderful school....the teachers truly are invested in each student, and the parents are very involved. For the money, I believe this is the best school in Baton Rouge. The curriculum prepares students well for college. I highly recommend PBS above other private schools in the city.

Posted August 14, 2013
This school is very well balanced, the academics are just as strong as any other top tier college prep private school in Baton Rouge. Parkview gets an unfair bias as a "sports school" but this is a great school focusing on Academics, Arts, Athtetics and your childs spirtual well being. Could not be more happy with this school!

Parkview Baptist School 3

Posted May 07, 2013
I feel like this school could change quite a few things. As some of these other reviews have pointed out, athletics are heavily focused on. Sometimes, academics are just left in the dust. Some teachers are absolutely amazing and have been asked to leave and it's a shame to watch this once wonderful school go down. However, there are quite a few academic opportunities for the students including Beta, National Spelling Bee etc. While Parkview is much ahead of the game of most public schools, Parkview is much more concerned about getting a useless sports trophy than educating their students. The 6th and 7th grade Latin teacher, the 7th grade science teacher, and the 7th grade social studies teacher are just a few examples of the fabulous teachers that haven't been asked to leave yet. Overall, this school is a piece of work. A big problem in the middle school, is that if you're not playing sports, you WILL be bullied. Also, if it's thought that you're gay, they can expel you for that with no prior knowledge. They say they will "Do something about it", however nothing gets done. It depends on what you're priorities are if I would reccommend this school.
2 people found this helpful

Parkview Baptist School 1

Posted February 15, 2013
This school has been nothing more than an atheletic influenced institution. The good teachers were "asked" to leave because they stood up against the administration. I am glad to see the previous headmaster and elementary head are both gone. I pray that the school gets back to where it was before the parents and teachers financial status was the key. I miss certain teachers that had to leave due to their caring for the kids, not caring about the brands they wore. The negative comments that had been posted were real I assure you, but there is always good behind some too. I do have to say how unique that 3 "5 star" ratings use PBS's key words in them, a little work by the middle school head??

Parkview Baptist School
5750 Parkview Church Road, Baton Rouge, LA  70816
Last modified Parkview Baptist School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Parkview Baptist School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 45 reviews. Top