PK-11|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Handles bullying effectively: Agree

I only know of one incident and a student was suspended. The school stresses academics and I haven't seen the typical bullying that accompanies football/jock-centric schools.

Supports LD students: Agree

Parents can work with the school to tailor an hourly schedule that fits their child's needs.

Effective school leaders: Agree

We've had effective communication with the Head of School and Principal. The staff has been friendly and professional.

Develops character: Agree

Parents have the duty to teacher their child moral and religious instruction. Part of compassion and respect is being exposed to diverse people. Many of the BR private schools are nearly all white (except the sports team). BRIS is open to all kids.

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

We have been happy with the teachers at the school. They take a genuine interest in my daughter and have helped her overcome shyness and learn the subject matter.

Amount of homework: Strongly disagree

There is homework, which can be difficult for parents who do not speak the language. We opted for study hall and that extra hour at school has solved that problem.

We have been at the school for two years and are happy with our experience. Difficult to transition into an immersion program, so we decided to start at K level. 2 years in, my daughter is half a year now in reading (English) and math. She speaks Spanish, French, and Chinese. Her friends are diverse and bright. Positive experience with teachers. It has required effort (homework, tutoring, etc) to get an A grade average. It's not an easy school. Overall, BRIS is a unique opportunity. Rather than the typical LSU-feeder private schools, my daughter will have the opportunity to go anywhere in the world.

I love the diversty of students that go to this school so your child will truly learn about other cultures and be more open-minded as a person. The seniors have not only applied to LSU, they have also applied to colleges such as,New York university , Baylor, Xavier,Tulane and more and we have students who have gotten scholarships to go chase their dreams to become astronauts,doctors,engineers,pro athletes,journalists,authors and more.So if you're looking for a school come to this one. :)

several years ago, I gave the br international school 5 stars. Now I give it 2. someone commented below about being "puzzled by the widely divergent reviews of the school." I think it's bc the parents of the little kids love it, as I did, but after a few years, realize that the dream is not the reality. in the beginning, I bragged about the school. I was thrilled at what these little sponges were soaking up, but I didn't realize all that was missing from their education. what parent doesn't want their children to speak FOUR languages?! we imagined our children traveling the world! the only problem is that BRIS students don't. they end up at LSU. you don't need to pay almost 10K per year and earn an international baccalaureate diploma to go to LSU. we had some GOOD teachers along the way. we also had some bad ones. a few of the good ones are still there, but most have moved on. a few of the bad ones are still there too. we met some GOOD families, but like the teachers, they eventually leave. it seems as though everyone wants this school to succeed, but sadly it just doesn't. the administration flies by the seat of their pants, making up rules as they go, constantly reinventing the wheel. there's no consistency and little communication. the teachers are underpaid and it shows.

Develops character: Neutral

Only there in daycare for 2 years. Honestly can't answer. Not sure about the school

Last modified Baton Rouge International School is a Private school that serves grades PK-11