PK-11|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)

Develops honesty: Neutral

Posted October 12, 2015
Only there in daycare for 2 years. Honestly can't answer. Not sure about the school

Posted October 11, 2015
ELIC daycare High teacher turnover Did not feel that my child was watched closely (several injuries for which we were not called, multiple bites) My son has learned more Spanish using Dino Lingo since leaving, than he did at the school. When we spoke to admin, they listened well- good meeting. The email back after they "investigated" really made us feel like it was our son's fault and our misunderstanding. He LOVES his new school and does really well there, so it's hard to believe our bad experience there was his fault. Great that some people love it, but we had a VERY bad experience

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted June 08, 2015
Great school, great education, great teachers, great students, awesome new PE program, great teams , definitely I recommend BRIS to my family and friends.

Posted March 03, 2015
Absolutely love BRIS! If you are looking for a school that is truly caring for each one of its students then you have found it. Not only that but the academics at BRIS is outstanding. My child in middle school scored a 26 average on their ACT. The Head of School is truly a visionary and a true educator.

Posted December 02, 2014
My child left BRIS last year after attending for several years. He misses his friends and other things, but overall is very happy in our new school. I felt that although he could speak in the foreign languages, he was missing important information in the core subjects (science & social studies mainly). I have heard that the IOWA tests are easier than LEAP, so I am anxious when he takes the LEAP. Hopefully the current school has helped him and he will do well. I love our new school as a parent because it runs so smoothly, they have great communication, and they have set standards for behavior. While our family may miss somethings about BRIS, we really love the thought of building up our child's whole future, not just what the faculty feels is important to them.

Posted November 03, 2014
Part 2: Nobody ordered me or any of the teachers to write a positive comment here. I am truly sad for our administrators to read some of these hurtful comments. Haters got to hate! Please use your intelligence and common sense when you look/judge a school. BRIS is an amazing school, but it is hard! Parents have to be involved. Kids have to study, the curriculum is more intense than any other school in BR. But it is worth it. When your child will master the languages and score high on standardized tests, when they'll mature into caring and gifted teenagers, after all this time spent at BRIS, you'll know you made the right decision . Good luck!

Baton Rouge International School 4

Posted October 28, 2014
I rarely post a review but read the previous posts and had to say something. I am a current parent of two students at BRIS. My oldest child started BRIS at the age of 3, she is now in middle school and we have had very positive experiences with BRIS, the principal, the teachers, other parents, staff. There is teacher and staff turnover and that is somewhat of a concern. I do not know if the turnover is the same at other schools. I feel supported by administration, faculty, staff and have met great parents. My kids like school, are happy,secure and are completely supported by administration, faculty and staff. I am concerned about the high school curriculum/faculty as the high school is still in its formative years but for elementary/middle school -- I would send my kids here again based on my eldest child's IOWA, Duke Tip explore and SAT scores and my relationships I have formed with faculty, staff and other parents.

Posted October 23, 2014
BRIS is an example of a good idea gone terribly wrong due to the greed of the owners. First of all, they promote themselves as an IB school yet NO student has ever earned it, mostly due to the unusually high teacher turnover. This school charges out of this world tuition and even assessed a $200 technology fee yet if you tour the school you will see only about 4 classrooms with ActivBoards and only 1 computer lab with outdated laptops. The school is owned and run by a married couple with expired teaching credentials and no administrative credentials. The only certified administrator resigned recently due to a myriad of questionnable practices in place and emailed all of the middle and high school parents to alert us of her decision. I will not be sending my children to this school after June (yes, they go until June). The teachers are required to be on campus more than 40 hours a week and most make less than $35k a year. It is time this school was investigated. They received grant money for technology the same year they assessed the fee and there is no adequate documentation of where these funds were spent. If you care about your child's education, choose a better school.

Baton Rouge International School 1

Posted September 12, 2014
The principal is literally asking people to write positive reviews due to try and cover the negative ones...My child has been going to BRIS for years and at first I loved it. However, after a while all the glory faded and the truth shone through. The principal is not even a certified administrator, she makes poor choice regarding everything, from allocating money to scheduling. My child loves her friends and teachers, but this is our last year. Ready to move to an established school with structure and adequate technology.

Posted September 10, 2014
This school is clearly not right for everyone as you can see from the HIGHLY negative reviews? Every school has it's strengths & weaknesses. Parents have to choose what is the most important thing they want to instill in their child. For some, it is sports. For others, it is religion. For me, it was giving him the gift of being trilingual (We opted out of Chinese). He is 10 yrs. old now, & it is absolutely the MOST incredible feeling, to travel the world with him, & watch how comfortable he is jumping into other cultures & striking up fluent conversations (in French & Spanish) with the locals. It's amazing. BRIS is not easy. My son struggles, & is aware that his homework is way different than his friends, with most books in another language. His ENGLISH is fine. He is independent, confident, & organized. The teachers have been great, though turn over is high. (We lost our Spanish teacher this year when her visa wasn't renewed.) The principal is a visionary. The tuition is steep, but worth it, & the fundraising/volunteering is just a part of it. It's a growing school. BRIS prepares these kids to go out into the world & lead with confidence & compassion. My son is thriving here.

5015 Auto Plex Drive, Baton Rouge, LA  70809
Last modified Baton Rouge International School is a Private school that serves grades PK-11