PK-11|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

I love the diversty of students that go to this school so your child will truly learn about other cultures and be more open-minded as a person. The seniors have not only applied to LSU, they have also applied to colleges such as,New York university , Baylor, Xavier,Tulane and more and we have students who have gotten scholarships to go chase their dreams to become astronauts,doctors,engineers,pro athletes,journalists,authors and more.So if you're looking for a school come to this one. :)

several years ago, I gave the br international school 5 stars. Now I give it 2. someone commented below about being "puzzled by the widely divergent reviews of the school." I think it's bc the parents of the little kids love it, as I did, but after a few years, realize that the dream is not the reality. in the beginning, I bragged about the school. I was thrilled at what these little sponges were soaking up, but I didn't realize all that was missing from their education. what parent doesn't want their children to speak FOUR languages?! we imagined our children traveling the world! the only problem is that BRIS students don't. they end up at LSU. you don't need to pay almost 10K per year and earn an international baccalaureate diploma to go to LSU. we had some GOOD teachers along the way. we also had some bad ones. a few of the good ones are still there, but most have moved on. a few of the bad ones are still there too. we met some GOOD families, but like the teachers, they eventually leave. it seems as though everyone wants this school to succeed, but sadly it just doesn't. the administration flies by the seat of their pants, making up rules as they go, constantly reinventing the wheel. there's no consistency and little communication. the teachers are underpaid and it shows.

Develops character: Neutral

Only there in daycare for 2 years. Honestly can't answer. Not sure about the school

ELIC daycare High teacher turnover Did not feel that my child was watched closely (several injuries for which we were not called, multiple bites) My son has learned more Spanish using Dino Lingo since leaving, than he did at the school. When we spoke to admin, they listened well- good meeting. The email back after they "investigated" really made us feel like it was our son's fault and our misunderstanding. He LOVES his new school and does really well there, so it's hard to believe our bad experience there was his fault. Great that some people love it, but we had a VERY bad experience

Develops character: Strongly agree

Great school, great education, great teachers, great students, awesome new PE program, great teams , definitely I recommend BRIS to my family and friends.

Absolutely love BRIS! If you are looking for a school that is truly caring for each one of its students then you have found it. Not only that but the academics at BRIS is outstanding. My child in middle school scored a 26 average on their ACT. The Head of School is truly a visionary and a true educator.

My child left BRIS last year after attending for several years. He misses his friends and other things, but overall is very happy in our new school. I felt that although he could speak in the foreign languages, he was missing important information in the core subjects (science & social studies mainly). I have heard that the IOWA tests are easier than LEAP, so I am anxious when he takes the LEAP. Hopefully the current school has helped him and he will do well. I love our new school as a parent because it runs so smoothly, they have great communication, and they have set standards for behavior. While our family may miss somethings about BRIS, we really love the thought of building up our child's whole future, not just what the faculty feels is important to them.

Part 2: Nobody ordered me or any of the teachers to write a positive comment here. I am truly sad for our administrators to read some of these hurtful comments. Haters got to hate! Please use your intelligence and common sense when you look/judge a school. BRIS is an amazing school, but it is hard! Parents have to be involved. Kids have to study, the curriculum is more intense than any other school in BR. But it is worth it. When your child will master the languages and score high on standardized tests, when they'll mature into caring and gifted teenagers, after all this time spent at BRIS, you'll know you made the right decision . Good luck!

I rarely post a review but read the previous posts and had to say something. I am a current parent of two students at BRIS. My oldest child started BRIS at the age of 3, she is now in middle school and we have had very positive experiences with BRIS, the principal, the teachers, other parents, staff. There is teacher and staff turnover and that is somewhat of a concern. I do not know if the turnover is the same at other schools. I feel supported by administration, faculty, staff and have met great parents. My kids like school, are happy,secure and are completely supported by administration, faculty and staff. I am concerned about the high school curriculum/faculty as the high school is still in its formative years but for elementary/middle school -- I would send my kids here again based on my eldest child's IOWA, Duke Tip explore and SAT scores and my relationships I have formed with faculty, staff and other parents.

BRIS is an example of a good idea gone terribly wrong due to the greed of the owners. First of all, they promote themselves as an IB school yet NO student has ever earned it, mostly due to the unusually high teacher turnover. This school charges out of this world tuition and even assessed a $200 technology fee yet if you tour the school you will see only about 4 classrooms with ActivBoards and only 1 computer lab with outdated laptops. The school is owned and run by a married couple with expired teaching credentials and no administrative credentials. The only certified administrator resigned recently due to a myriad of questionnable practices in place and emailed all of the middle and high school parents to alert us of her decision. I will not be sending my children to this school after June (yes, they go until June). The teachers are required to be on campus more than 40 hours a week and most make less than $35k a year. It is time this school was investigated. They received grant money for technology the same year they assessed the fee and there is no adequate documentation of where these funds were spent. If you care about your child's education, choose a better school.

Last modified Baton Rouge International School is a Private school that serves grades PK-11