Bernard Terrace Elementary School 4

Posted August 16, 2013
Bernard Terrace has finally been renovated! The teachers, the principal, the Gifted program, are all good, and now the setting is worthy of them. The main 2-story building, built in 1927, has had a major makeover, inside and out, including new windows and window frames, beautiful new quiet flooring, bright new ceilings with pleasant lighting, new entryway doors and glass walls around the office. It is light and airy and clean

Bernard Terrace Elementary School 3

Posted July 22, 2013
My child is entering her fourth year at Bernard Terrace this fall, in the gifted program. We have been happy with the quality of education. One problem for us is the lack of communication and organization which I think could be addressed by the teachers. Also (and I realize that they are under-resourced) but the website it always out of date, which is really frustrating. The teachers and staff are exceptionally friendly, helpful, and supportive of the students. I have never witnessed any teacher yell at the children or speak them roughly, though I did witness that at my daughter's previous school.

Posted August 20, 2008

Bernard Terrace Elementary School 4

Posted February 08, 2008

Posted July 20, 2007
Education low, test scores low, teacher low, and low grade school.

Posted September 19, 2006

Posted March 14, 2006
The school is a site for gifted as well as regular education students. I have been so pleased with the quality of gifted and its teachers, but are leaving due to the overall environment. The general population is very 'rough' and inner city, for the most part. The principal makes it clear that she does not support the gifted students or their parents. I do not feel that my child is safe on campus, and don't want my child exposed to the kinds of behaviors that routinely occur there. Regular ed teachers yell/ speak to all kids as though they are rough, 'street kids'. Gifted parents should really consider other options. If the gifted program were elsewhere, we would definately not be leaving the program!

Posted April 22, 2005
We are impressed with the quality of education and teaching staff. The principal knows everyone by name, giving kids a sense of belonging. It is a great learning environment!

Posted January 20, 2005

Posted December 02, 2004
The principal and faculty are some of the most dedicated professionals I have ever encountered. They routinely go beyond the call of duty to help the children. We are very impressed with the high quality of instruction and sense of community the teachers and administration have created.

Bernard Terrace Elementary School
241 Edison Street, Baton Rouge, LA  70806
Last modified Bernard Terrace Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bernard Terrace Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 11 reviews.