Baton Rouge, LA

1 star

Posted February 08, 2010

Posted October 23, 2008
If you ever get the opportunity to visit other schools in the parish of Baton Rouge-like Westdale Heights Academic Magnet- TWO thumbs up..you will see why Broadmoor Elementary needs to be closed down. Student-teacher ratio at Broadmoor is horrific and my 4th grader (who is now at Westdale) seems to be slower than the rest of the other students because he basically lost a year when I enrolled him at Broadmoor. After experiencing Westdale Heights, I thank God every night before I fall asleep that my children where accepted in the magnet program and are now attending Westdale Heights Academic Magnet. The student-teacher ration is excellent, Principal wonderful, the staff is so helpful, informative, and care, and the parent involvement is extraordinary!! Whenever they call for parent volunteers, we have to get in early so we can help because there are so many parents that want to be involved. Westdale Rocks!!

Broadmoor Elementary School 0

Posted April 13, 2008
I have a third grade honor roll student at this school. I have not had any problems with the shool at all. I recently went in and had a one on one with the principa where he gladly went over the plans for the upcoming school year. As far as parties or other programs I feel that they are going in the right direction. The children are rewarded with certificates and free meals and so on. Instead of parents complaining about what is not being done I think we should get together as parents and create a better learning environment for our children. The school does have an organization for parents(just ask). I would like to see continual parental involvement in the upcoming school year.

Posted June 03, 2007
My daughter came from a school in another part of the state that wasn't great by standards, but she spent the entire second semester here ahead of the other students. After 6 years of perfect attendance and honor roll (2 B's in 5 years, All rest straight A's) there was no special recognition for her achievements like there was at her other school.

Posted December 30, 2005

Posted December 04, 2004

Broadmoor Elementary School 2

Posted September 13, 2004

Posted August 18, 2004
I feel that 40 forty students per class room is rediculous and I am outraged. How can one teacher control yet alone teach that many 10-11 year old children in that type of environment.

Broadmoor Elementary School
9650 Goodwood Boulevard, Baton Rouge, LA  70815
Last modified Broadmoor Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Broadmoor Elementary School Rating: 1 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top