Bad
Good

Delmont Elementary School

Posted July 21, 2009
My child was transferred to this school as a result of another school closing in the district. This was the worst experience I as a parent has had. The school has failed to provide an enviornment conducive to learning and I feel guilty as a parent having subjected him to this environment. My son had the pleasure of having three teachers this school year. He had the pleasure of having two principals. Parents were not made to feel welcome at the school. I don't think that a PTA was in place although we were told there was. NO one reached out to me, no letters concerning meetings or anything. I've spoken to other parents whose children were moved to this school and the sentiments are the same. Other parents have opted to have their children placed in private school, which is what my husband and I are considering.

Delmont Elementary School 4

Posted June 23, 2008
I have had wonderful experiences at Delmont and with the principal and the other staff. She and her staff have exhibited a very postive attitude toward me and other parents. This schools that truly show that they are interested in the education and social well being of the children that attend. This is my third child to go through Delmont and I a very pleased. This school IS NOT an academically unacceptable school and has improved over the passed seven or eight years. I volunteer at the school on a regular based and have been made to feel welcome and valued.

Delmont Elementary School 2

Posted November 02, 2006
The school is behind academically. Parents are not that involved and the ones that are have not been treated as well as they should be especially by the principal but this is all in my opinion based upon my encounter with her and this will take away the parents wanting to get more involved with the school and what's going on by trying to avoid confrontation with someone with a possible nonchalant attitude and the ones that could just look for other schools to place their children so its best that all adults respect each other whether they are in agreement are not for we set the example be it education are so forth.

Delmont Elementary School
5300 Douglas Avenue, Baton Rouge, LA  70805
Last modified Delmont Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5