Baton Rouge, LA

Posted May 22, 2014
2013 2014 my daughter first year at Dufrocq Montessori Magnet , she has enjoyed her first year theee the teachers love teaching just like it was when I was in school,everyone enjoys what ever they are doing from the crossing guards to the carpoolees, duty teachers ,to coaches an I wont forget about janitorial an cafeteria work ers they all was noticed by a 3 year old child .these days that is very rare , I thank god for having such loving people at thae Dufrocq school .ebr still rocks and so do the staff at Dufrocq! !!!!!!!!!!!! Nothing against private but the have much more values in public we should not want to seperate but duplicate love!!!!!!!!!!! Oh thanks to all the parents as well we rock too.

Posted September 08, 2013
Dufrocq has won the "Magnet School of Excellence Award" (top recognition) for the last 2 yrs. The teachers, administration and staffs are excellent. After a year of private school, our son is now part of the Academic Magnet Program. We're pleasantly surprised.. the program is on par, if not, better than private with smaller class size (19 kids). We're happy and proud to be part of Dufrocq!

The Dufrocq School 4

Posted May 15, 2013
We moved to the Dufrocq Magnet program this past school year (2012-13) after 4 years in a private school, and we love it! The main reason we moved was to get a smaller class size than we had at his private school, where the class size was 29/30 kids. My son's current academic magnet class size is only 20 kids max. so now he gets more attention when he needs it. The 3rd grade magnet teachers are great, the facility is beautiful and airy, the magnet program offer loads of fun hands-on activities and field trips (7 field trips this year!), and my son has blossomed here. My child has not experienced any bullying and I have never had any problems with the office staff as another parent mentioned. I can only speak to the academic magnet program, but we think it's great!

The Dufrocq School 1

Posted December 08, 2012
This school is one big, chaotic mess. It may be a new building, but remember it is what is inside that counts. The office staff is incredibly rude, and my child was physically bullied so much that she cried every day after school. This was in the Montessori program, and I know that the regular school is even worse. Write ups are thrown away by the administration, so the teachers get absolutely no support. Substitutes leave in the middle of the school day only to never return. I pulled my child out of here and is since blossoming at a private school.

The Dufrocq School 3

Posted August 13, 2010
My child is in his second year in the Montessori program at The Dufrocq School. Although I love THIS particular program, its teachers and lead magnet teacher, I'm still unsure about the rest of the administration. Since Dufrocq now houses 3 different programs (Montessori, Traditional, and Academic Magnet), and is about to start a Microsociety program, at times the school seems chaotic. Last year we had little communication with the main administration, and a lot of times we weren't exactly sure what was going on in just the little everyday details. The school reopened in its remodeled location last year and expanded its enrollment then, so I'm hoping that a lot of the chaos disappears soon as the school settles into the second year with all the changes . Facilities are wonderful--all brand new, and I'm sure the test scores will improve as the years progress.

The Dufrocq School 2

Posted April 03, 2010

Posted July 29, 2009
This is a great school my child often tells stories about Dufrocq and all the great things they do in class while learning. The staff really cares about the students and they are a great group of people to have on your childs team regarding education. they have their best interest at heart. the teachers will do what it takes to ensure the students are prepared for the next grade. For instance my daughter took the LEAP in 09 and the school provided additional support and tutoring from the beginning of the school year until the day the students took the test and for that I am grateful because I noticed her confidence increase and she was not nervous for the test she felt that with the support and tutoring she would do fine the teachers also provided encouragement the entire time. And for that I appreciate you Dufrocq

Posted June 15, 2008

The Dufrocq School 4

Posted August 05, 2003
This school has consistently shown improvement in scoring according to Louisiana Statewide assessment. One of the fourth grade classes each year has a passing rate of 90%-95% on the leap each year.(This includes special education students as well). The fourth grade teachers come in early to help students who may need additional tutoring and they stay as late as 7:00pm in the evening assisting students who need additional instruction. The fourth grade teachers also spend most of their weekends providing assistance to inner city 4th graders who need additional help. I cannot see how anybody could say that the teachers are not genuine when they say they care about the students. I applaud this school an its teachers.

The Dufrocq School
330 South 19th Street, Baton Rouge, LA  70806
Last modified The Dufrocq School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
The Dufrocq School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top