Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Handles bullying effectively: Disagree

Teachers are allowed to bully students with no consequences. Even preschoolers are bullied and humiliated by out of date teachers.

Effective school leaders: Strongly disagree

The leadership is ineffective and can't retain highly trained staff.

Develops character: Disagree

No sense of community. The PTA is a mess. The principal doesn't encourage involvement.

Amount of homework: Strongly disagree

Homework isn't supported by research. There is no reason for homework.

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

Some teachers are relics from another time and have no concept of best practice.

Dufrocq School is the worst magnet school in EBRP. Lets start with the staff, it is so hilarious that the staff cannot even read a single calendar date properly. When I submitted my child's typed absence letter, the staff could not follow simple English language and I had to explain the dates of absence. The staff comes out as rude but I don't think they are but they are just illiterate. Now faculty, abhorrent! I had my two babies in Dufrocq, one graduated from 5th grade and could not perform well in middle school with kids from other good magnet schools. And when I saw that I removed my other child from her third grade put her in Forest heights, she is way happier there. Kids deserve a better treatment, rich curriculum, elementary education is the foundation. The scores in math and science are contributed by 16% and there is probably 3% faculty really worthy of being a teacher. Dufrocq not only delivers poorest curriculum in EBRP but the kids are very unhappy there. Dufrocq needs a serious overhaul!

I personally would not recommend Dufrocq school. It is alright maybe for pre-k and KG but not higher grades. If you want kids to excel in academics and moral growth this school is certainly not the first choice or second choice.

2013 2014 my daughter first year at Dufrocq Montessori Magnet , she has enjoyed her first year theee the teachers love teaching just like it was when I was in school,everyone enjoys what ever they are doing from the crossing guards to the carpoolees, duty teachers ,to coaches an I wont forget about janitorial an cafeteria work ers they all was noticed by a 3 year old child .these days that is very rare , I thank god for having such loving people at thae Dufrocq school .ebr still rocks and so do the staff at Dufrocq! !!!!!!!!!!!! Nothing against private but the have much more values in public we should not want to seperate but duplicate love!!!!!!!!!!! Oh thanks to all the parents as well we rock too.

Dufrocq has won the "Magnet School of Excellence Award" (top recognition) for the last 2 yrs. The teachers, administration and staffs are excellent. After a year of private school, our son is now part of the Academic Magnet Program. We're pleasantly surprised.. the program is on par, if not, better than private with smaller class size (19 kids). We're happy and proud to be part of Dufrocq!

We moved to the Dufrocq Magnet program this past school year (2012-13) after 4 years in a private school, and we love it! The main reason we moved was to get a smaller class size than we had at his private school, where the class size was 29/30 kids. My son's current academic magnet class size is only 20 kids max. so now he gets more attention when he needs it. The 3rd grade magnet teachers are great, the facility is beautiful and airy, the magnet program offer loads of fun hands-on activities and field trips (7 field trips this year!), and my son has blossomed here. My child has not experienced any bullying and I have never had any problems with the office staff as another parent mentioned. I can only speak to the academic magnet program, but we think it's great!

Last modified The Dufrocq School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.