Riverdale Christian Academy 4

Posted November 24, 2014
Having another child in college already, I can tell you from experience the school s atmosphere and communication concerns for your child (and about your child) is as very much important as the education itself. I researched schools for many years while working for a local media company.I toured almost every private school K-12 in EBR. We choose RCA for the curriculum (A Beka), social experiences my child may receive (after all we ll be with these classmates for the next 12 years), family atmosphere, & complementary values. In comparison to tuition rates, it s the best value in area. I received hand written thank you cards for my interest in the school, follow up phone calls, and several positive contacts prior enrollment. We adore the Kindergarten teacher. She sends home a daily conduct chart and notes. I have popped-in , unannounced, to join classes, Chapel, and other activities during school hours. I have observed other classrooms and staff. I have spoken to other parents and they all have positive things to say. Each encounter has been pleasant; every question (& concern) had been addressed immediately. Thus far, we are very pleased with our decision to attend RCA.

Riverdale Christian Academy 1

Posted August 25, 2014
Don't just walk.... RUN away. This school is horrible. All you have to do to see for yourself is to drop in unexpectedly in the middle of a class change. Everything the negative reviews said below is the absolute truth. Not only does the administration not try to change the behavior at the school,they constantly attempt to cover it up. Poor education (below grade level), lack of communication from staff, profanity and PDA in the hallways between classes... I could go on, but isn't that enough? I'd just be repeating the other negative reviews.

Riverdale Christian Academy 5

Posted August 13, 2014
As a former teacher there I believe RCA is the best private Christian school around. It's really disturbing to read these negative reviews because they are lies. The only reason the former teacher is upset is because she were fired from RCA. The former principal was let go for ABSOLUTELY valid reasons. There are NO gangs! This is a family based small Christian school and Jesus is the center of it. It hurts to read these reviews from former parents and teachers who left on bad terms so they feel they have to write terrible lies about RCA. I love Riverdale and I will be sending my own children there one day. Enrollment is better than ever and the doors will be open for years to come!

Riverdale Christian Academy 1

Posted April 15, 2014
As a former teacher at Riverdale I can honestly say that this school is for the dogs. I also had my two children enrolled at Riverdale. After moving my children to another private school my children were far behind all the other students, even though the both maintained straight A's while they were at RCA. Gangs, students with tattoos, violence and drugs run rampant at the school. Voucher students are not corrected in the same manner as paying students. The former principal was terminated for NO reason and all of the middle and high school teachers except one have left the school. I would warn parents that at some point this school will close without warning and your tuition won't be refunded. There are only two sports available boys basketball and baseball. Do your research! The few electives offered are only taken once a week. No computers are at the school. While working at RCA all teachers were told to go on the Internet and write positive reviews for the school.

Riverdale Christian Academy 5

Posted March 10, 2014
I found this school by accident five years ago when I was looking for a place to put my child. The fact that there is only one class per grade and they only allow at most 18 kids per class has allowed my kids to excel in the academic area. The Teachers are so qualified and so caring. They challenge my kids everyday with new material and new ways of doing the material. The teachers make it so fun for the kids to learn. They also keep you well informed about what your child is doing and how they are doing, especially when a child is not understanding the material, everyone pitches in to help (parents, teachers, principle...) The school is like one big family and everyone takes care of each other. The school is truly a christian based school. I would tell anyone if they are looking for a school that will allow your child to be who they are and help them grow and learn in a positive environment then this is the school to look at.

Riverdale Christian Academy 4

Posted August 04, 2013
This private school (K4-12) has an excellent, qualified teaching staff! The administration is highly educated and experienced with both teaching and administration.

Riverdale Christian Academy 0

Posted April 27, 2010
I love Riverdale Chrstian Academy! The school give me a since of securty while my child is away from home. RCA also give my child better sense of morals and values and give him a great christian view on life like he's at home.

Riverdale Christian Academy
2791 O'Neal Lane, Baton Rouge, LA  70816
Last modified Riverdale Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Riverdale Christian Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top