Baton Rouge, LA

Posted August 06, 2013
Since the school has been taken over by RSD and Mr. Webb has become the principal, the school seems to have been turned around greatly. Mr. Webb fosters an academically-focused environment among his staff and students and discipline is very well-maintained. Great school. Highly recommend it as a choice for those looking for a good public school in Baton Rouge.

Istrouma Senior High School 1

Posted July 17, 2011
Its amazing how people from awhile ago remember great things about this schools. What was is no longer the case, and this schools is not meeting the needs of the students. Administration is poor. Teachers are tenured and expect little from students. Wishful thinking will not help this school. This schools scores reflect this inadequacies. I feel this school needs to be closed.

Posted March 06, 2011
I graduated in the class of 1972. Looking back on high school I recognized the positive impact of many of my teachers. Being called a "greaser" was the least of the issues and in fact set us apart from other schools. I had a Baker football coach who used to tell us how much he hated Istrouma. Then I moved there and followed the footsteps of my dad and his sisters...IHS...thank you for the memories.

Istrouma Senior High School 1

Posted August 02, 2009
Istrouma High is not a good school if you have a child looking to excel. The administration is not cognizant of the need of the individual student they tend to label their students. They have poor attitude about the job and it is not conducive to the learning. They tend to create hostel environment between students. From personal observation the administration lacks professionalism and the wiliness to help some student with achieving their goal.

Posted July 14, 2005
I think that Istrouma High School is a wonderful school. Even though it goes through its ups and downs, we as Indians will always come out on top. The reason is because of the wonderful teachers we have and because of our principal and our dean of students. Our dean of students give other studnents the knowledge they need to get ahead in life. IHS has alot of extracurricular activities that the students could get involved in. Istrouma would be greater than what is already is if we had more parent involvement. Our parental imvolvement is in the middle. The more parental involvement the better the school.

Posted May 08, 2005

Posted March 15, 2005
Istrouma is a great school. We have great teachers, and a wonderful principal. We have tons of technology at our school and many educational activities to get into. Our school is always seen for our low scores, discipline problems, and being academic unacceptable. No one ever sees all the good things that go on inside Istrouma High. There are many good students who excel in all that they do. Istrouma is the best kept secret in East Baton Rouge Parish.

Posted October 07, 2004

Posted September 24, 2004
- a former student
I too am a Graduate of IHS. Istrouma is and always will be what you make of it. Goof off you fail. Pay attention you pass that simple. The staff of IHS will perpare you for college, but they will also be the first ones to tell you, they can't graduate college for you. Mrs Freeman one of IHS most outspoken teachers raised, taught, mothered a lot of us during her employment at IHS and for that I say, Thank you IHS.

Istrouma Senior High School 3

Posted August 25, 2004

Istrouma Senior High School
3730 Winbourne, Baton Rouge, LA  70805
Last modified Istrouma Senior High School is a Public school that serves grades 8-12
Istrouma Senior High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top