Bad
Good

This is a great public school and is providing an example of the future of the EBR School system. Each year the children are increasing their test scores and they will be in the top 10% of Louisiana in the next few years. People can speak out against Core Testing, but we have to have some sort of testing to prove children are learning and teachers are teaching. I wish the rest of Baton Rouge's citizens would commit to the public schools and push this improvement even faster. PRIVATE schools are self regulating businesses that can and will make your child look like they are performing better than they really are. Public school teachers are required to have Masters Degree's.. not so with Private schools.. Public schools are held accountable through public testing... not so with Private schools.. Seems like an easy choice to make.

My school is excellent. They go way far and beyond anything I expect. All of the teachers are so optimistic with their students.

My child went there. The school was terrible! Even I agreed They introduced Common Core to it and it kinda made the students there dumber than when they did not have it. The teachers are passing out homework everyday including on the first day of school. My son did not enjoy it and it would take about 7 hours to complete his homework and he wouldn't get any family time. Rather go somewhere else.

Lasalle is a great school so far! The teachers, staff and principal are very active in the students academic values and needs. They have been really helpful with transition for both of my children and keep me updated with school activities. They provide great concern in both my childs needs!

I found my daughter's teacher to be extremely rude and overbearing. My daughter's grades fell with her transfer to this school. Her grades in her previous school, in Montana, were very good (A, B and a C or two). She is further ahead in her education for this school year then most of the kids in her school, and I found she was being limited by the teacher's ability to work with her. I would not recommend this school.

All went well this year at LaSalle. My children received an excellent education and each were on A/B Honor roll and received Mastery Levels on the iLeap tests. I was very impressed at all the other students who were on honor roll as well! Great job teachers and parents! My kids look forward to going back in the fall.

The faculty and staff is committed to a community of learning.

Last modified Lasalle Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.