Baton Rouge, LA

Posted April 21, 2015
I am a current student of McKinley middle magnet and I can honestly say that this is a great school. We are taught not only school work but they give us the opportunity to try new things. At McKinley they offer dance, art, drama, piano, music and technology, business and computer software, and others. If you want your kid/kids to have a bright future then this is definitely the best school in the local area.

Mckinley Middle Magnet School 3

Posted February 08, 2015
Former student from fall of 2009 to spring of 2012. The school is not very diverse and has a lot of issues from kids that come from really rough neighborhood. I recall bullying was an issue that made me detest coming to school my first year there. As with most middle schools, the kids grow up over the years. Mckinley did ,however, have the opportunity for students like me to enroll in high school credit courses like Algebra and Spanish 1. Overall, I received the education I wanted from the school. I strongly recommend parents to enroll their kids in schools that have the same opportunities with better student bodies like Sherwood Middle.

Posted July 28, 2014
Mckinley is an awesome school with a warm and welcoming environment. My son had a phenomenal experience at McKinley Middle. The administration and faculty were all very supportive and helpful any time. I'd highly recommend sending your child to McKinley, especially if they're creative and artsy !

Posted May 01, 2014
This school is wonderful. My child goes there and almost every week they have special activities. The teachers are truly outstanding, they don't just teach like a regular teacher, they have fun with the lesson as they teach to the class.There are many clubs that your child can get involved in after class. There are also extra high school courses so that when your child makes it to high school they wont have to take as many courses. As I have said McKinley is truly an outstanding school that helps students become prepared for their future.

Posted January 04, 2014
This is an excellent school. My child has learned a lot. Please go to McKinley Middle Magnet.

Posted April 06, 2011
I am pleased to have been a member of the faculty at McKinley Middle School for 27 years. The administration is great and the staff is a kind and caring staff who put the students first and foremost in preserving the integrity of our wonderful school!!

Posted July 22, 2010
I consider this school to be a hidden gem. The principal leadership is outstanding. He makes my child feel like part of a family at school with an open door policy. My child has attended this school in 6th &7th grades. It has a college prep curriculum along with close involvement with the arts, which I feel is so important. My child has also won 2 scholarships for college while at Mckinley middle. This school offers many positive incentives for good grades and leadership. There are also many opportunities to enter contests to win money, such as essy contests, poetry contests, art contests, photography contests to name a few.

Posted January 02, 2010
this school is the best school in the parish. i am so happy i go to this amazing school. the teachers are so cool they actually make sure you understand the curriculum before moving on to thw next lesson. I love Mckinley MIddle Academic Magnet School for the Visual and Oerforming Arts

Posted December 03, 2009
Mckinley Middle is the best school ever. I luv it there. I am a 7th grader and the teachers are so fun and caring and get their jobs done very well. When it comes down to work we Mckinley Middle Students dont play. We are boldly going where no the middle school has gone before. I type this proudly and is happy to say I am a MCK Middle Magnet 7th Grade Student......!!! Luv You Mr.Brister.....

Posted November 18, 2009

Mckinley Middle Magnet School
1550 Eddie Robinson Sr Drive, Baton Rouge, LA  70802
Last modified Mckinley Middle Magnet School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mckinley Middle Magnet School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top