Posted February 23, 2014
I'm not from br. And I moved here when my daughter was 2. ALWAYS heard bad things about EBR schools. But I didn't want the extra drive a Prairieville or the traffic of Denham. And I refuse to pay for school (I already do with my taxes). Before she started school I did a lot of research and picked either Woodlawn or Shenandoah for her to go to. (Hey if it was bad they couldn't mess her up THAT bad in Kindergarten.) SO glad I did! The teachers are amazing, the office staff is loving and familiar, and the principal is great too. They even have an extended day program! They care. We have been here a few years now and I really believe I made the right decision. I did sign the petition to make this school district independent, but it doesn't seem like it's going to happen. Sad bc that means I'm going to buy a house in Prairieville now....I don't want her in Woodlawn high. And not going to change schools in middle school given the awkward age and how hard that would be.

Posted September 23, 2013
This is such a great school. My twins Ashley and Alexis really learned and enjoyed attending Woodlawn. Unfortunately we moved back to California. But we truly miss Woodlawn......

Posted September 02, 2013
My daughter is attending her second year at Woodlawn Elementary. We LOVE it! She has a board certified teacher this year for first grade, and had a fantastic Kindergarten teacher last year. The staff is absolutely wonderful! They are always so helpful and really care about each of the students. The school itself is still fairly new and is very well equipped with technology to aid the students. In conclusion, the teachers, the staff, and the facility are all top notch, and I am proud to have my daughter attend this school!

Woodlawn Elementary School 4

Posted April 30, 2011
Considering the school is fairly new, I love the environment. The 2 teachers that my daughters have are great. They have learned quite a bit, not as much as I think they should have but it is public schooling. The staff in the office are generally helpful and all smiles, except one always has a horrible attitude. The ladies that greet the kids in the morning who are being dropped off by parents are so friendly and always have a smile on their face. This is my daughters first year there, so we'll see the outcome. They however are happy at their school and that is important to me.

Woodlawn Elementary School
8160 Antioch Road, Baton Rouge, LA  70817
Last modified Woodlawn Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Woodlawn Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 4 reviews. Top