Bad
Good

its a great school I went there for 6 years and I loved it ever since best school ever the teachers are nice there are great kids its perfect

I have to agree with the teacher who posted before me. This schools run by a principle who can't/won't be a authority figure to the teachers. If your child is in the gifted program they will be fine being there are only 15 kids in each gifted class. While the rest are in 29-32 students per class. If your child struggles they will not do what is state mandated but railroad you into finding another school to go to. They do not care about your kid only about leap test scores! We were at this school for 3 yrs & will never go back! 2nd grade teachers are Horrible! This school should be investigated for violating kids civil rights to education! Beware patents!

Just like other public schools in Baton Rouge, this one has started focusing so much on results rather than a whole-mind educational approach. Core Knowledge is a great educational program, but teachers cannot implement it because of the mounting responsibilities the State puts upon them. As a whole, the teachers are dedicated and do their best with what is given to them. However, major decisions are made by a few and there is much favoritism... like a 'popular' group in a high school cafeteria. I once would have been honored to have my child attend this school based on reputation. But now that I realize that it is just as obsessed with the bottom line as many other public schools, I would consider other prospects.

Great school! Teachers and principal are very accessible. Parental involvement is highly encouraged! The gifted and talented programs are fantastic!

Parkview used to be a great school. With the introduction of the LEAP test, the school administration has focussed so hard on teaching the students how to pass the LEAP, that students have been cheated on a great education. The Principal would rather foresake ensuring good, solid educations for good stats so to save her miserable career. For the parents with children who have any type of learning disability, don't bother. This school will write your child off, and railroad your child to seeking education elsewhere,so to weed out anyone who may negatively impact the LEAP stats. The system is broken, and I suggest that parents seek a different school for their child far away from Parkview Elementary.

We love this school! We specifically bought a house near this school so our daughter could attend. The principal, the teachers, and the staff are fantastic! They offer gifted classes and recently added talented arts classes. My daughter has been there for 2 years and we could not be more pleased!

My son goes to Parkview Elementary. I find it is a great school. The teachers are very caring and are interested in teaching the students. Parental involvement is getting better but still has some way to go. Regarding the comment about fundraising - the school has to raise funds because the funding for public schools just isn't there. They are competing against private schools with a lot more money & resources. I don't mind donating money and time, knowing it goes towards my child's education!

I am extremely disappointed with this school. I have a child with some minor learning problems and have asked for help several times...no one knows how to help us, and in the meantime...no compassion. My child has been a witness to teachers cursing and gossiping openly in front of students. I have raised 6 children and never have I experienced a school more interested in fund raisers and less interested in my child's education! I have a real problem with giving $65 per child for school supplies at the beginning of the year and before the holidays my child is threatened for punishment if more supplies aren't provided at the teacher's request. I would not recommend this school to anyone.

I have been a parkview parent for 3 yrs. We will be moving away after this year and it brings my daughter to tears. I couldn't imagine a better staff of teachers. The principal is the most caring, hard-working principal in the parish. Both of my daughters teachers were 'teachers of the year.' The parents aren't very involved. I think these negative comments come from the fact there are enough students to fill 2 elem. schools at Parkview.

This school is excellent in all aspects. The principal and teachers take a tremendous interest in each and every student. I have yet to meet a child at this school who doesn't love it. This year I have both a 1st grader and a 5th grader and they both love Parkview. There is help when help is needed for both parents & students. There are many fun activities aside from classwork that keep the kids interested and give the school a fun atmosphere. You can tell that the faculty & staff sincerely care about the students.

Last modified Parkview Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.