Progress Elementary School 5

Posted December 22, 2005
Here at progress my children have progress a lot.They have pick up in there academic.My family have come along way after Hurricane Katrina. So my children had a lot of catching up to do. Music has been a blissing for my 3rd grader. Because she hope to become a professional singer. I am very invole in different school activity. What ever it takes to help my children progress to the next leveal is what I must do as a loving parent.We as parents are the leaders. We must give ower children all the surport that is needed to make it in the world today. So that they can become producted in to days world. They can whole there heads up and no that there is no limited in life. You can be what ever you want to be. The sky is the limited.They hold the key.Parents must be actively involve .

Progress Elementary School 3

Posted May 10, 2005
My child attends Progress and I find that the level of safety, teacher involvement and parental involvement is fine. I must admit that decipline is a concern. The children appear to be unruly and thus the teachers talk harshly to them. I don't like this approach to child discipline, but I must admit that otherwise the staff appear to realy care for the students. The prinicipal is very concerned with the whole student not just the academic area. She truly is concerned about these children. The academic program is O.K. and I see changes for the better in the upcoming year. I think this is a school worth taking a second look at. Progress appears to be making progress toward becoming a great school.

Progress Elementary School 5

Posted May 06, 2005

Progress Elementary School 1

Posted August 02, 2004
I taught at this school for two years. The principal is NOT involved. She doesn't care about the kids (unless they attend her church), only likes certain teachers, and does just what she needs to get by. I would not send my children to this school and neither should you. The children do not learn at Progress. Instead, they teach them as much as they need to pass the test. There are very few, if any, after school extra-curricular activities. If a new principal was hired, this school would have much more potential.

Progress Elementary School 4

Posted July 15, 2004
I actually taught in this school a couple of years ago and then moved to Texas. I couldn't help but compare my experiences teaching at Progress Elementary and the school in Texas. The principal from Progress Elementary was very involved with what the teachers were doing in the classroom. She expected a level of professionalism and quality teaching from her teachers. She emphasized acitivities for small groups that provided individual attention for each child. She was also concerned with the children's life and knew their name and background. I found that at Progress Elementary, like at every other school in the nation, the test scores were important but it went beyond that. The principal was truly interested in planting the seeds of knowledge and providing the students with tools so they could one day succeed in life. Not all schools are as blessed to have this type of principal.

Progress Elementary School 1

Posted February 20, 2004
I don't find the school to be a safe place for other kids. I do find that the school have their picks and choses. I find that if one teacher have a bad experience with a student that all the teachers treat the chld very bad. The teacher are very sneaky with the way they handle your child. I find the cleaning people speeks to your child very bad. I find that just because you send your child to school clean and clothes iron then some of the teacher don't care for your child. I the teacher that your child is very bright and can come home and tell the parents what took place at school then the teacher don't like the child. This is my childs last year at this school. In order to get respect out of kids then the teacher has to give the kids respect. The teacher have no respect for the kids at all nor do the teacher know how to talk to the kids. Not a good school.

Progress Elementary School
855 Progress Road, Baton Rouge, LA  70807
Last modified Progress Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Progress Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top