Baton Rouge, LA
Students enrolled: 1,224

Scotlandville Magnet High School 1

Posted September 12, 2013
This school is horrible. The children lack discipline from all angles. Teachers curse and are disrespectful. No Spanish teacher, yet Spanish is required to graduate. 17 fights in one day, cell phones out all day in class, and there is no respect all around. This place needs an overhaul! As far as the others making comments as to how great it was, your bad grammar and misspellings show how bad the education is.

Posted May 19, 2012
It's an amazing school with THE BEST BAND and Sports. I would highly reccomend this school.

Posted December 02, 2008
I've been here for five years, and I've seen the changes that have taken place. There's pride in this school that is second to none. I'm glad to be a member of this faculty. Now, no school is perfect, but we're certainly heading in the right direction.

Scotlandville Magnet High School 4

Posted July 02, 2008
Are there things at Scotlandville High that could and should be changed? Of course; it's like that at any school. Are we working to improve discipline and accademic performance? Yes. I am very proud of my school and the the students who attend. We are generally forsaken by the parish (both in terms of the school board and the citizens of EBR), but we are fighting to create an environment where our children want to learn and better themselves; we are bringing in educators who truly want to close the achievement gap; and we are always keeping the children first and foremost in our hearts, minds, and decisions. I have been offered positions at other schools in the parish--but there is no where else I want to teach. I am proud of my school...

Posted June 14, 2008
Scotlandville is an excellent school acadimically.Excellent teachers,and awesome staff I do not regret sending my child there

Posted January 16, 2008
This school is one of the best in the district. It offers many hands on activites and the teachers helps every student to do the best they can. It has many advanced classes at a lower grade level, unlike most high schools, and is a perfect preperation for those students who plan to enter College.

Scotlandville Magnet High School

Posted August 01, 2007
I am a Senior at Scotlandville Magnet High School and I rate my school as the BEST school in the East Baton Rouge Parish school system.

Posted July 07, 2007
I go to SMHS now.I am going to the 10th in the next school year of 07-08.I say it is fun but alot of work gets left undone with all those kids that dont like school and cause a big stupid fuss for no real reason at all!!

Scotlandville Magnet High School 3

Posted March 18, 2006
I graduated from SMHS in May 2003 as a Magnet/Honors student. The school is not the best and I can not fully blame the faculty, staff, or administration for the all downfalls of the school (there are a few exceptions). For the parents who are talking negatively about the school, they are partially to blame because of their lack of envolvement and discipline in their child's lives, which makes it harder for faculty members to teach students. There are faculty members who care about the outcome of students, but these same faculty members can not make the students or their parents care about what lies ahead in the future.

Scotlandville Magnet High School 4

Posted August 28, 2005
I have read most reviews about Scotlandville High. Most of these reviews complain about the principal. Well I must agree about that, the teachers have to do most of the diciplining there-selves. As for me the school is pretty good, the teacheres are friendly with the students, which is really good.The teachers also help you out alot with your school work. As for the Extracurricular activities evcerything is good, we have a robotics team that travels to a diffrent state each year, we have a brand new sports team, with the best coaching staff, and finnaly the engeering program will please anyone. Here is the best thing about it, the school has just been renuvated.

Scotlandville Magnet High School
9870 Scotland Avenue, Baton Rouge, LA  70807
Last modified Scotlandville Magnet High School is a Public school that serves grades 8-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Scotlandville Magnet High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top