Bad
Good

This school is horrible. The children lack discipline from all angles. Teachers curse and are disrespectful. No Spanish teacher, yet Spanish is required to graduate. 17 fights in one day, cell phones out all day in class, and there is no respect all around. This place needs an overhaul! As far as the others making comments as to how great it was, your bad grammar and misspellings show how bad the education is.

It's an amazing school with THE BEST BAND and Sports. I would highly reccomend this school.

I've been here for five years, and I've seen the changes that have taken place. There's pride in this school that is second to none. I'm glad to be a member of this faculty. Now, no school is perfect, but we're certainly heading in the right direction.

Are there things at Scotlandville High that could and should be changed? Of course; it's like that at any school. Are we working to improve discipline and accademic performance? Yes. I am very proud of my school and the the students who attend. We are generally forsaken by the parish (both in terms of the school board and the citizens of EBR), but we are fighting to create an environment where our children want to learn and better themselves; we are bringing in educators who truly want to close the achievement gap; and we are always keeping the children first and foremost in our hearts, minds, and decisions. I have been offered positions at other schools in the parish--but there is no where else I want to teach. I am proud of my school...

Scotlandville is an excellent school acadimically.Excellent teachers,and awesome staff I do not regret sending my child there

This school is one of the best in the district. It offers many hands on activites and the teachers helps every student to do the best they can. It has many advanced classes at a lower grade level, unlike most high schools, and is a perfect preperation for those students who plan to enter College.

I am a Senior at Scotlandville Magnet High School and I rate my school as the BEST school in the East Baton Rouge Parish school system.

I go to SMHS now.I am going to the 10th in the next school year of 07-08.I say it is fun but alot of work gets left undone with all those kids that dont like school and cause a big stupid fuss for no real reason at all!!

Last modified Scotlandville Magnet High School is a Public school that serves grades 8-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.