Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)

The principal, assistant principals and the administrative staff in the office are very unprofessional. Some of the teachers are as well when you can't even respond to a greeting that a parent has given. Really thinking about transferring my child to another school. Each year has been worst than the previous. Principal down right will lie to your face.

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

I believe they are and that they try. THE ADMINISTRATION is what is NOT effective and that makes it hard for teachers to be effective. They lose a teacher almost every month.

Amount of homework: no rating

Most of the time they do not give homework and when they do it has nothing to do with what they are learning.

The school is extremely unorganized. The rules and the curriculum plan changes from week to week. It seems that the principal always changing things. The teachers can never stick to what they said in the newsletter. The leadership knows next to nothing about effective planning.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Will from what I get from my son teacher.. She's very effective and caring.. I hope my son teachers stay effective

My son is in kindergarten there this year. He has a awesome teacher she's very caring and he's also in a gift program there no complaints. But the principle and her assistant are awful. They don't get notifications out on time have a problem with a parent who wants to communicate with the teacher the are very petty and have bigger problems they don't address... I really don't think my son will return next year...

My daughter recently a pre-k in Wedgewood. Overall is average But what is really terrified me is the "restroom" for students. Every single time that I bring my daughter to use the restroom is always dirty, the flush just never work. Can't imagine students at that age what can they do except for just sat on it over and over. Hopefully the school will do something about that.

Wedgewood has been a model of inconsistency on a decline. The school received a "D" rating for its performance last year. However, made promises that they would do better...which has yet to happen. They send my children home with an "X" on the conduct sheet due to eating with their mouth open, or letting the teacher know about people picking on them stating disruption of classroom. I had 1 teacher tell me my child was cursing in class(which I have never heard my child say anything remotely of that context, nor do I use that verbage around my children) my child immediately denied(saying no ma'am, I did not...Daddy I didn't do that) to which the teacher responded that she didn't hear my child say anything, but some kids were telling her so. The same kids that I witnessed flicking off my child & mouthing "f-you" while trying to get on the bus. I reported that incident, but was told that "they're just kids." There was no suspension or administrative action toward that child, but my child receives "X" marks everyday for things like attempting to report when others are bullying him. He has been labled the bully. They gave him an "X" for playing too ruff when playing football!!! Not fair.

Wedgewood Elementary is a great school. My child loves going to school everyday. He is learning more than ever before. His teacher noticed that he had trouble pronouncing certain letter sounds and had a test session, with a speech specialist. Now he is going through speech sessions with the specialist, several times a week. WOW, what an improvement he has made in just over a month of this therapy. I'm so glad the teacher noticed this issue and contacted us about it, then went the extra step and set up the sessions with our son.

Wedgewood Elementary is a wonderful school. The children are always learning and being active in something the school has going on. The school also encourages parents to be actively involved with his/her children's learning. The neighborhood is great too. Any parent or any other person who says differently must have been one of those non-active parents. If you have a problem with the school, then take your child somewhere else then do an assessment of yourself. It may not be the school, principal, or the teachers....HINT HINT

Last modified Wedgewood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.