Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted April 13, 2016
Will from what I get from my son teacher.. She's very effective and caring.. I hope my son teachers stay effective

Posted April 13, 2016
My son is in kindergarten there this year. He has a awesome teacher she's very caring and he's also in a gift program there no complaints. But the principle and her assistant are awful. They don't get notifications out on time have a problem with a parent who wants to communicate with the teacher the are very petty and have bigger problems they don't address... I really don't think my son will return next year...

Posted May 13, 2015
My daughter recently a pre-k in Wedgewood. Overall is average But what is really terrified me is the "restroom" for students. Every single time that I bring my daughter to use the restroom is always dirty, the flush just never work. Can't imagine students at that age what can they do except for just sat on it over and over. Hopefully the school will do something about that.

Wedgewood Elementary School 1

Posted May 02, 2013
Wedgewood has been a model of inconsistency on a decline. The school received a "D" rating for its performance last year. However, made promises that they would do better...which has yet to happen. They send my children home with an "X" on the conduct sheet due to eating with their mouth open, or letting the teacher know about people picking on them stating disruption of classroom. I had 1 teacher tell me my child was cursing in class(which I have never heard my child say anything remotely of that context, nor do I use that verbage around my children) my child immediately denied(saying no ma'am, I did not...Daddy I didn't do that) to which the teacher responded that she didn't hear my child say anything, but some kids were telling her so. The same kids that I witnessed flicking off my child & mouthing "f-you" while trying to get on the bus. I reported that incident, but was told that "they're just kids." There was no suspension or administrative action toward that child, but my child receives "X" marks everyday for things like attempting to report when others are bullying him. He has been labled the bully. They gave him an "X" for playing too ruff when playing football!!! Not fair.

Posted April 25, 2013
Wedgewood Elementary is a great school. My child loves going to school everyday. He is learning more than ever before. His teacher noticed that he had trouble pronouncing certain letter sounds and had a test session, with a speech specialist. Now he is going through speech sessions with the specialist, several times a week. WOW, what an improvement he has made in just over a month of this therapy. I'm so glad the teacher noticed this issue and contacted us about it, then went the extra step and set up the sessions with our son.

Posted July 30, 2012
Wedgewood Elementary is a wonderful school. The children are always learning and being active in something the school has going on. The school also encourages parents to be actively involved with his/her children's learning. The neighborhood is great too. Any parent or any other person who says differently must have been one of those non-active parents. If you have a problem with the school, then take your child somewhere else then do an assessment of yourself. It may not be the school, principal, or the teachers....HINT HINT

Posted September 22, 2010
The children have no social time. They are told to keep quiet during hall and lunch time. My son came home several times and had fallen or gotten hurt at school and they do not send a report or even acknowlage that the kids are hurt. The conduct sheet is a daily annoyance as they pick every tiny thing the child may or may not do during the day and send home a report about it. I have not had a great experience at this school yet.

Posted September 10, 2009
I find this to be a great school, academic wise and parent involvement wise. The PTO was excellent last year but a lot of the parents have moved on now. I find that my son(a 4th grader) is more into school since he started attending Wedgewood 2 years ago. There is a lack of extracirricular activities though. Overall, I think the school is doing a good job with the kids... Extended day is also very helpful and affordable

Posted July 21, 2007
Wedgwood strives for excellence in each of its students

Posted May 14, 2007
This year at Wedgewood made me decide to move away from the area just so she won't have to sttend next year. Her teacher kept in contact with me about my daughter's situations via my daughter and occasional 'X's' on a conduct sheet. I have found in my daughter's years at Wedgewood that this is what a few of the teachers consider keeping the parents 'aware' of what's going on. They make the children carrier pigeons. Also, the pricipai leaves much to be desired.

2330 Aspenwood Drive, Baton Rouge, LA  70816
Last modified Wedgewood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.