Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

Grateful to: Staff member

Posted May 09, 2016
Miss Bartney in the front office is always so kind. She goes out of her way to help the students and parents. This is more than just a job to her.

Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted May 09, 2016
I believe they are and that they try. THE ADMINISTRATION is what is NOT effective and that makes it hard for teachers to be effective. They lose a teacher almost every month.

Amount of homework: Don't know

Posted May 09, 2016
Most of the time they do not give homework and when they do it has nothing to do with what they are learning.

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted May 09, 2016
My child has seen principals disrespect and talk down to their teacher on several occasions. They also gossip a lot about teachers in the hallway. I have witnessed this myself! How do they expect students to respect teachers or each other if they cannot do it?!

Wedgewood Elementary School 1

Posted May 09, 2016
The school is extremely unorganized. The rules and the curriculum plan changes from week to week. It seems that the principal always changing things. The teachers can never stick to what they said in the newsletter. The leadership knows next to nothing about effective planning.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted April 13, 2016
Will from what I get from my son teacher.. She's very effective and caring.. I hope my son teachers stay effective

Wedgewood Elementary School 2

Posted April 13, 2016
My son is in kindergarten there this year. He has a awesome teacher she's very caring and he's also in a gift program there no complaints. But the principle and her assistant are awful. They don't get notifications out on time have a problem with a parent who wants to communicate with the teacher the are very petty and have bigger problems they don't address... I really don't think my son will return next year...

Wedgewood Elementary School 2

Posted May 13, 2015
My daughter recently a pre-k in Wedgewood. Overall is average But what is really terrified me is the "restroom" for students. Every single time that I bring my daughter to use the restroom is always dirty, the flush just never work. Can't imagine students at that age what can they do except for just sat on it over and over. Hopefully the school will do something about that.

Wedgewood Elementary School 1

Posted May 02, 2013
Wedgewood has been a model of inconsistency on a decline. The school received a "D" rating for its performance last year. However, made promises that they would do better...which has yet to happen. They send my children home with an "X" on the conduct sheet due to eating with their mouth open, or letting the teacher know about people picking on them stating disruption of classroom. I had 1 teacher tell me my child was cursing in class(which I have never heard my child say anything remotely of that context, nor do I use that verbage around my children) my child immediately denied(saying no ma'am, I did not...Daddy I didn't do that) to which the teacher responded that she didn't hear my child say anything, but some kids were telling her so. The same kids that I witnessed flicking off my child & mouthing "f-you" while trying to get on the bus. I reported that incident, but was told that "they're just kids." There was no suspension or administrative action toward that child, but my child receives "X" marks everyday for things like attempting to report when others are bullying him. He has been labled the bully. They gave him an "X" for playing too ruff when playing football!!! Not fair.

Wedgewood Elementary School 5

Posted April 25, 2013
Wedgewood Elementary is a great school. My child loves going to school everyday. He is learning more than ever before. His teacher noticed that he had trouble pronouncing certain letter sounds and had a test session, with a speech specialist. Now he is going through speech sessions with the specialist, several times a week. WOW, what an improvement he has made in just over a month of this therapy. I'm so glad the teacher noticed this issue and contacted us about it, then went the extra step and set up the sessions with our son.

2330 Aspenwood Drive, Baton Rouge, LA  70816
Last modified Wedgewood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.