Baton Rouge, LA

Posted August 26, 2014
This is the best school ever. This year at Westdale the principal promised to have many new changes. So far, they've added a student coucil, which seems like a wonderful idea. He also promised a pep rally and other stuff like that. I have to say, the school staff become more and more strict about behavior each year...that is good. But the good students never take the blame, even if they don't get the minor things as well, like Big Break. But once in a while there are parties and dances for the good kids, so all's well. Overall this school is amazing, whether it is the IMMERSION program, GIFTED program, TALENTED program, and of course the athletics. Coaches do their best to train you and you always feel good about yourself in the end. There are so many opportunities at this school....it's ok if you start from the beginning :D

Posted April 28, 2014
I love this school so much. This is my first year at Westdale and it sure was a successful one thanks to all my awesome teachers that helped me. The Gifted program there is amazing. The teachers are willing to help you, there are lots of fun assignments that traditional students don't receive, and you are exposed to a different learning environment. The Immersion program is also good because the teachers there challenge you A LOT. Our wonderful Immersion program can't be complete without Ms. Peterson, who makes sure all our classes are doing well. Westdale is also a school where athletic futures bloom. Our volleyball team has been undefeated for 4 years in a row! The track teams are the bomb and the basketball team has a lot of talented players. The talented program also has good art and music curriculums. Drama there is also fancied by some students. Westdale always has high expectations for its students. Whether it's Ms. Brock or Mr. Couvillon running it, it will always be focused on academics. The only bad side towards Westdale is the rowdy students. Fights occur now and then and sometimes some people will go online posting threats to the students of Westdale.

Posted April 17, 2014
I attended Westdale Middle School my 6th,7th, and 8th grade year. I loved it. The school had an inviting, family-like atmosphere. The staff is strict at times, but I've discovered they always had my best interest at hands. At Westdale there was a wide variety of people. I got to know people from different parts of Africa, France, and Asia. My teachers were amazing. I am in high school now two maths ahead and reading a book in class that I had to read at Westdale in 8th grade. I was in the gifted and talented programs.

Posted January 09, 2012
my son has been at westdale since 6th grade he is now in the 8th. my draughter is in the 6th grade just transfered from kennelworth charter, i am very pleased to say,the principal, and staff is very careing, HATS OFF TO WESTDALE MIDDLE, stay on them MRS BROOK.

Westdale Middle School 2

Posted April 17, 2011
My daughter is in the seventh grade at Westdale, everyone in the administrative office bragged about the school, of there no tolerance moto and how they look out for the children's best interest. My child has been bullied there on several occasion and if nothing has been done about it. There fights at the school on a daily basis and this year there was school lock down twice. The parents were not notified or even given explanations of the incident. There is a lot of improvements that need to take place here, but first they have to acknowledge that there is a problem.

Posted December 11, 2009

Posted November 21, 2009
Westdale Middle School is a very stable school. The students are very bright and show that they want to learn.

Posted November 12, 2009

Posted May 27, 2009
All I have to say is my son learned more at Westdale middle in one school year than he did the entire time he was at brookstown even with my help. He was so excited to finally go to a school who actually taught everybody and not just focused on the talented/gifted. His grades actually went from Cs and Ds at Brookstown to As,Bs and a couple of Cs in one school year at Westdale he is so happy at this school I know he will excel even more in the 7th grade Thanks to the teachers at Westdale middle for caring enough to teach all kids who are willing to learn and not just the gifted. Also love the no violence tolerated policy. Makes it easier for kids to participate and have fun learning. The teachers are very caring,fair and helpful. GREAT SCHOOL!!!!

Westdale Middle School 3

Posted May 14, 2009
I am in westdale middle school gifted 8thgrade and the school is a great school overall. The teachers are great overall and there is a new 8th grade english teacher that is a fabulous teacher and i am in strings to and he is and a amazing teacher. why i give why i give it a 3 stars is because a a traditional teachers and students

Westdale Middle School
5650 Claycut Road, Baton Rouge, LA  70806
Last modified Westdale Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Westdale Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top